22 December 2009

All I Want for Christmas is My Front Tooth....


Who'd have thought that life on the couch would be so difficult!

Yeah, I'm trying to take it easy. Between the low energy and the sore belly, I get more than enough reminders daily that I need to be careful. The transition to Tylenol hasn't been going well and I am doing the oxycodone first thing in the morning in an attempt to keep the pain in check. Menstrual cramps have not helped the situation even though the flow has been dream in comparison to past months.

Anyhow, I was having dinner last night and chipped my front tooth. I was so pissed off at that. It was a cap so the whole corner is gone! Thankfully my dentist will see me tomorrow at 11am but that also means getting to the dentist tomorrow at 11am. I still can't drive for at least 2 weeks (tried driving down the hill yesterday and braking is hell on my abdomen)and catching the bus is not fun. I hope Aidan and I can figure out a plan. At lease I'll gt my wish for my front tooth for Christmas!

Added to the insanity of yesterday, we took our CKCS, Bronwyn, and our black cat, Matthias, to the vet yesterday. We also had to take the other CKCS, Ptolemy, with us or he would have howled the house down. Well, I learned that dogs on leashes and sore bellies don't mix. Bronwyn and Matthias survived their annual shots and worming - Matthias has been sleeping off the visit while Bronwyn it brighter this morning. And I won't be walking Ptolemy and Bronwyn on my own any time soon - it took a while to get the pain under control last night....

And then came the best part. Resigned to staying on the couch after the vet visit and the tooth incident, I turned on Lifetime for a Christmas movie or two. With the weather the way it is here (cold, windy and rainy), I was bundled up in my fleece blanket. We had lost electricity earlier in the day and I was hopeful that I could finish the movie before we lost it again thanks to some minor light flickering. All of a sudden I heard an explosion... but the lights were still on. Turns out that one of our reverse cycle A/Cs blew out. Aidan tried to look over it in the dark but had to wait until this morning. Looks like we may have to replace the unit... sigh.

On a positive note, our open house went very well. Beatles RockBand was the star of the day. Sadly the weather kept many away but we still had a significant number of guests. I managed to stay on the couch most of the day. It got a bit difficult to do so when a lot of people arrived in the evening.


3 comments:

Photogrl said...

I'm glad the open house was fun...the spread looked yummy!

Sorry about the tooth, but at least it'll be back for Christmas.

LOVE the pictures of you and your pets!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Your home looks lovely! Glad you had fun at the open house.

Hope the pain gets easier. Those pets are adorable on the couch together!

Glad you get your new front tooth in time for Christmas!

Mad Hatter said...

What a beautiful home you have! Poor you and your poor tooth! Hope all went well at the dentist! Merry Christmas!
Love,
Maddy