15 December 2009

Going Home Tomorrow!!!!!!

The last few days have been ok. Lots and lots of rest. The bruising on my right thigh had both of us concerned so I took it extra easy. I seem to get really drowsy in the afternoon so it hasn't been a problem being on the extra bed rest. I've still had about 2 daily walks. Plus Aidan took me to see the Boston Pops Holiday Pops on Sunday. So the last few days, while frustrating have been fun. Each evening Aidan has gotten an entree from Cheesecake Factory and we've shared it while watching the second season of the UK version of 'Life on Mars'. This has also meant that we've been able to experience the cheesecake - finally! And it is yummy!!!

Today was my postop appointment. Aidan was more nervous than I because he was concerned that the bruising on my leg would have me here for a few more days (believe me, we're ready to go home!). We wen't to the hospital via the T and then had to walk through Brigham & Women's via 'The Pike'. The hospital truly is a rabbit warren of offices and hallways. We checked in with our coordinator, gave great feedback on our stay at the Sheraton and gave her some Cadbury chocolates. We then headed to the 2nd floor for the appointment. I went in frst to be weighed and have my blood pressure checked. My weight is good and therefore will be back to normal when I get rid of all of this extra fluid. My blood pressure was the best I've seen it in a doctor's office. We then had a wait for the doctor.

When the doctor arrived she went over the 4 page report with me. She went through the locations of all of the fibroids, what was done to remove them. In the end, I had 3 fibroids that had entered the uterine cavity and were therefore affecting my fertility. Due to the repairs, I will have to have a c-section to deliver any children. And, we can basically start trying again in 4 months!!! I have to have a hysterscopy before doing IVF again but I am so very hopeful that we won't need to do another cycle..... (fingers crossed). Anyhow, the bruising was expected and my internal exam, while painful, indicated that I was healing well. She adjusted my meds so I should not be trippin' the way I did this past weekend. And best of all, I can go home tomorrow! We gave her some Cadbury chocolates as well and left the hospital so very relieved!

So this afternoon after my nap we did a little shopping. Aidan got me a knit dress for Saturday's party - a larger dress size so it will be comfortable. We also walked part of the way down Newbury Street to see the lights and the windows. Aidan is now doing some last minute shopping and we'll be going to dinner with Carrie & Peter this evening.

The hospital has scheduled pick-up for 6am tomorrow morning and we should be home by noon. I cannot wait to climb into my bed!!!!!

6 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

You sound great! Glad you're doing so well and that you have such a good plan in the works. Continue to take good care! (and if you can, post a pic of your new dress!)
Love,
Maddy

kimbosue said...

Here's to a speedy recovery! Have fun At the party!

Sally said...

I'm glad to hear that you are sufficiently healed to be able to make your trip home tomorrow. I'm sure you will rest better and heal even quicker once you make it to your own home and bed. Continuing to keep you in my prayers!

Rotten said...

SO happy you are feeling better and can go home. And yay for the go ahead to try again. 2010 sounds like a great year full of prospects for you guys!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations on going home! I hope your healing continues to go smoothly.

Photogrl said...

Hopefully, you are almost home by now!

Enjoy the party, it sounds like fun.

Still thinking about you and praying for a quick recovery...