09 December 2009

Surgery Today... Maybe

It's snowing so we're going to have to head to the hospital soon. We're making 8am and my surgery is scheduled for 9.30am. I should be released tomorrow afternoon if all goes well. That is if the surgery takes place! Yeah, I might get there and be told to come back later. Apparently the robot needs new blades and they're scheduled to arrive via Fedex at 8am. And yes, there is a snow storm sweeping the country.... argh!

Anyhow, pre-op was ok yesterday. We arrived early but they were able to take us. I had two meetings, had my blood pressure checked (good considering my white coat fever) and blood drawn (not fun but no bruise). We spent most of the day waiting for info on whether I would have to do a bowel prep. I only drank half of the magnesium citrate before I was told it wasn't necessary, but I had to stop eating. That was also when we were told about the robot issue.

We had a relaxing night though. We went over to the Cambridgeside Galleria for a change of scenery. Sadly, they had a Taco Bell and I couldn't have any (Thankfully, I wasn't hungry). I did have to get briefs for after the surgery while I was there... I am so not used to briefs anymore.....

So hopefully I'll be online at some point - they have wireless throughout the hospital and we will have both computers. Not sure if Aidan will do an update...

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments and thoughts!I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

Photogrl said...

I hope the part arrived in time, and you're now in recovery...

Thinking about you!

((HUGS))

JJ said...

Thinking of you today! xoxo