13 December 2009

Crazed...

Ok, the drugs are amazing. I have been taking one oxycodone every 4 hours. I started with 2 tablets every 4 hours and I was as high as a kite. So it's been one tablet since Friday and today it is every 6 hours. It is indeed a special drug. I've been dozing off and have had the most active dream-life that I've ever had. Aidan has said that I was asleep and still carrying on conversations with him on Friday.

Yesterday was crazy though. I was a bit paranoid because my bruises settled in yesterday (it looks as if I was beaten my my stomach and right thigh). After calming down to have dinner and watching a few episodes of "Life on Mars, Season 2" we turned out the lights for the evening. My vivid dreams became paranoid dreams. I was afraid to sleep. I ended up with the light on and dozing over 6 or so hours. In the morning I finally felt normal enough to go to sleep. By lunchtime I was back to normal. At one point last night I wanted to go to the hospital because I was so paranoid. So the dosage has been cut and so far, so good. I am so looking forward to Tuesday's appointment though...

Other than that, the pain isn't too bad. The weariness is a PITA but that is expected over the next few weeks. I am so taking it easy.... I really do not need to rush myself through this!

2 comments:

kimbosue said...

HUGS and here's to a speedy recovery!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

You're right, don't rush. Hope your have safe travels home!