08 December 2009

Feels Like Home... Sorta

I love Boston. I intend to purchase a condo here one day. I loved living here and try to visit as often as possible. So when we flew in yesterday, it felt like coming home. Granted, home is a hotel but it is connected to the Prudential Center so it is a well known area for me. We got used to our surroundings during the early evening. We managed to send all of the cards and gifts that had to go to the US and internationally (we sent the Bermuda ones yesterday before we left). We only have to go outside to get to the Shaw's supermarket. So we're happy with our location.

I don't have wireless though.... so we only have one computer between the two of us at the moment. It's a PITA. I cannot believe how I now expect wireless in my room when I travel. I mean shoot, I'm going to have wireless in the hospital but I don't have it in my hotel room! Anyway, we're trying to network the netbook to the laptop and I am having no luck.

So today is pre-op. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow. Just can't wait to get to Friday because it'll be over and I'll be back at the hotel recovering! In the meantime, I'll try to be calm. We celebrated our anniversary (8th anniversary of saying 'I Love You' to each other)last night at The Cheesecake Factory so that was really nice. We're contemplating getting tickets to see the Holiday Pops concert... probably won't happen until the weekend though.

6 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy Anniverssary! Enjoy your time in Boston. Will be thinking about you over the next few days.

Pie said...

Good luck for the surgery! I hope it all goes smoothly and recovery is quick!

Photogrl said...

Glad to hear you've arrived in Boston, safe and sound.

I'll be thinking about you all week, and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Jessica White said...

I'm thinking about you! I'm glad you guys are settling in well...at least your in Boston before this storm is supposed to hit tonight.

Carrie S. said...

I got your card today! I feel so special to be included in it. :)

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awww I am sooo glad that your surgery went great!! Feel better soon sweetie, and thanks so much for the Christmas Card!!!