28 November 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!!!

I love the holiday season so it should be of no surprise to anyone that we picked up our tree today. Aidan is putting it in the stand as I type. We'll let it drop for the rest of today (we're at the St. Andrews Ball tonight) and decorate tomorrow. I love coming home to the smell of a tree and the lights (I'm a white lights kind of gal).

Thanksgiving was busy. Between my mom coming home, a meeting and making dinner, the day was full. I made a wonderful apple custard pie that for an experiment was amazing. As crazy as this year has been, I am so very thankful for my life, my family and my friends.

I had a question about why we've decided to go to Norway for IVF #2 versus NJ or NY. Like our decision to go to the Czech Republic this past summer, the decision was twofold. First, we want to have a vacation while we go through the process. While it isn't a relaxing type of vacation, it is more relaxing than doing it while working. The second reason is cost. IVF in CZ was very inexpensive and in Norway it will be more expensive than CZ but still less expensive than doing it in the US. Finally, we're both psyched about visiting Norway. Aidan has been there twice and loves it and I've never been there. Aidan's already excited about planning this cycle which is half the battle, as far as I am concerned! So while I would still love for us to do this naturally, Norway would be a cool place to visit while going through this process.

6 comments:

AL said...

I can't wait to decorate our house for christmas - I love putting up the tree.

Good luck on IVF number two - very cool idea to work a vacation into the cycle.

ICLW

C said...

Norway does sound pretty cool to visit! Good luck with whatever you choose.

& yay for good smelling houses at cmas!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I'm so glad your Mom came home. I think Norway sounds like an amazing place. In the end you have to do what's best for you guys!

Photogrl said...

We'll be decorating here this week...I love white lights, too!

kimbosue said...

I also love Christmas! Our outside decor is almost done, doing inside tonight and tree tomorrow! WOOHOO!

IVF in Norway sounds FAB!

Lin said...

Can't say that I blame you...if you've got to do it anyway, why not do it in Norway. Not sure why we haven't considered this...

I am also a white lights kind of girl! :-)

oursomedayfamily.blogspot.com