16 November 2009

I am soooo boring....

Hi - I haven't been around much. It hasn't been for interesting reasons though. Wish I can say the non-TTC life is therapeutic and I am refreshed. Basically I've replaced worrying about TTCing with tons of work.... I'm so boring! That said, it's been hellish at work lately. I have decided that things need to slow down quite a bit leading up to surgery. I am going to resign from one of my clients because I just cannot give them the time that they need. Added to that, I don't need to be worrying about getting back to work after surgery is done. I can only manage one pressure cooker client at a time. To try to relax (not really happening though), I've gone through Charlaine Harris' Aurora Teagarden series (the last book pissed me off a bit ) and am almost finished the Lily Bard series (I've really liked these). I've purchased the Harper Connelly series for my kindle but I really need to hold on it it for after the surgery. I also purchased a book that's supposed to be the sequel to 'A Christmas Carol' that had really good reviews. We took the Christmas decorations out of the basement yesterday to air out. I need to figure out what to do with the wreath this year. Aidan is going to start on the 2009 Christmas Letter so we can start addressing envelopes. I'm not too happy with the homemade cards this year but I chalk it up to not being as relaxed as I usually am at this time of year. I'm hoping that early tree trimming will calm me down. But now that I think of it, there will then be present wrapping - then house preparation for the Open House (thankfully that will be catered) - then there's Christmas and Boxing Day when we'll be driving all over the place. Why do I always think that the holidays will somehow be relaxing.


We've also done a little tv watching. We just finished the UK version of 'Life on Mars' and are almost finished 'Firefly'. Not sure what we'll watch next - perhaps start on the Christmas movies and tv specials (I think I'll purchase 'It's a Wonderful Life' this year and I have already ordered 'Christmas in Connecticut' from Amazon. I am contemplating taking off next Thursday since it isn't a holiday here. I don't know whether to make a Thanksgiving dinner for the Thursday or for the Sunday. If I can steer clear of this client that I am resigning from, life should slow down a tad (and not even that much since I still have quite a few irons in the fire). I really do plan to stop once I am away and will have no choice but to take it easy when I get back.

4 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Glad things are quiet for you right now. Do we get to see the pics of your Christmas cards?

When do you have your surgery?

Photogrl said...

You're not boring, just busy!

I hope you get a chance to breathe soon!

daega99 said...

I might take a few pictures - I really am not to excited about them though.

Surgery is on Dec 9th.....

Thanks - I need to stop being so busy!!

Jessica White said...

I second the busy thing! Hopefully you get some down-time soon, before surgery.