20 November 2009

November ICLW - Thanks for Stopping By!!!

Welcome from Bermuda. I'm getting ready for 3 things currently: 1) My mom is flying back home on Thanksgiving Day after a successful kidney transplant that she received in October; 2) I'm getting ready for Fibroid surgery in Boston in December and; 3) I'm getting the house ready for the Holidays!!! It's less hectic than previous months and I am actually feeling pretty organized for the first time since June/July!

Here's a little bit about my world:

Me - 35, independent consultant and dancer, 5+ years into a doctoral program in management (in the process of changing the methodology to simplify the study and finish... I have the BEST editor), dx with polycyctic kidney disease (not affecting fertility) and fibroids (apparently affecting fertility). I love MGM Musicals, theatre, Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Audrey Hepburn, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Star Wars, Star Trek and dancing.

DH - 37, engineer, clairinet player and bagpiper, dx high prolactin levels and low motility. He loves marching and pipe bands, theatre, suspense novels, strategy games and good BBC programming.

Our Life - met in 1999 or 2000 (depends on who you speak to), dating in 2001, engaged in 2005, married in 2006 and began TTCing in 2007. I'm having the Da Vinci robotic fibroid removal surgery on Dec 9th so we're on a TTC break until June 2010. I am also about to join an IRL infertility support group.

Other stuff - we have 2 cats and 2 dogs (CKCSs). We love to travel (it happens when you're stuck on a 21 square mile Island). We love Broadway and West End Shows. We both enjoy being onstage performing or backsage making the show happen. We're planners and that probably makes this whole IF thing suck royally.

What we're doing to get by - We started increasing our communication with each other after I had an emotional explosion in December 2007 over an unsuccessful cycle. Since December 08 we've stopped putting our energy into TTCing and started putting it into getting healthier and spending quality time together. This year we've walked the equivalent of a marathon and ran a half-marathon. We've adopted healthy eating habits and are doing acupuncture. We did our first IVF cycle in Zlin in the Czech Republic (we did not miss out on our annual vacation). We're considering doing IVF #2 in Norway next in June or September 2010 once I've healed from the fibroid removal surgery.

Other than that, we're looking forward to the holiday season.

3 comments:

Pie said...

Hi Daega! It's been a while since I've been by - glad to hear your mom is doing well. And the fibroid surgery is coming up soon, I'm wishing you all the luck and speedy recovery possible.

Life Happens said...

I hope the surgery goes well for you and you are able to enjoy the holidays with your family.

ICLW

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

"We love to travel (it happens when you're stuck on a 21 square mile Island)."

It almost sounds like even a trip to the grocery store is traveling when you put it that way! :)

ICLW