Actually, I am not really that excited about having spent 18 months trying to have a baby. I am however a bit psyched about being able to spend a few months cleansing and getting in shape. It's kind of a six of one, half a dozen of another type of thing. I've been working on the diet component this week. I've been cutting back on sugar and refined starches and fish and chicken instead of red meat. I can now get more rigorous but I need to ensure I keep my energy up for the running and dancing that I am doing.
DH called the urologist today and the nurse wasn't sure whether his results were sent to the RE's rep on Island. He was so irritated.... I do not know how we're supposed to get anything done relying on the timliness of the doctors here. In any case, I need to set up my annual appointment with my gyn and I may tell her that we're looking at other options other than the RE in NJ. I need to find out if she's willing to work with another doctor to prescribe medication, etc. I also have a nephrologist visit in April and I will need to keep him in the loop as well.
I was saying to DH that it is amazing that we are at a point where we're going to be literally gambling for a child. We are people who research everything and have contingencies for everything. We're now getting into a situation where we're hoping that we'll be one of the successful couples. That scares the crap out of me. I am also scared about how I would take a failure of this plan of action.
So a new phase dawns. We both should be in decent shape by March (for the urologist and gyn appointments) and will be in fighting shape by May 25th. We're still hoping for a miracle but honestly, I'm done with putting so much energy into each cycle...... I have other things that I need to do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment