I cheated last night. I made DH quiche and just had to taste it (I had a tiny sliver). It hasn't made a difference (i.e. I didn't end up with an upset tummy) so I don't think I ruined the whole thing. I do feel bad for being weak though. Anyhow, I just need to make it through today and then it is on to the next phase of the fitness regieme. We're starting a 100 day fitness challenge today. We weighed in for the challenge today. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs and to increase my endurance (i.e. get back in dancing shape) and DH's goal is to lose 20 lbs and to survive the 1/2 marathon. It promises to be fun (and a PITA at the same time).
I did a bit of reading on male infertility yesterday and info related to increased prolactin levels. It actually made me hopeful that the parlodel might work to the extent that the SA in March might come back with some decent information. I really would like to be able to do a few IUIs before we have to make the final IVF decision. Ok, I'd prefer not to have to do anything other than what I learned about in biology class!!! Still, I'm a planner - I need degrees of contingencies!
Not much else going on. I spoke with the former boss today. She's having a girl in March. I was so excited for her. We discussed how just doing project work has lessened the guilt that she wasn't there for her 1st of 2 boys' major moments when she was working part-time. SIL is dealing with that now. It is something I will keep in mind due to my mom's guilt over not being able to spend much time with me as a baby.
7 comments:
It feels good to keep those New Year's resolutions, doesn't it? Getting in shape now will help things later -- like most things, keeping that in mind makes it easier for me to get up and get it done.
Best of luck in the coming months and happy ICLW!
Thanks for visiting my blog and mentioning your maternal fitness class notes (I read all six).
Good luck with the fitness challenge. Be strong!! :-)
And even more good luck on the IF rollercoaster. A few IUIs is good, but if they don't work, don't continue but switch to IVF. I know you have to be ready for it mentally (I wasn't for a long time), but you don't want to feel like you've wasted too much time and money either...
It's great that you both have fitness goals, even if they are different. Hopefully that will make it easier for both of you to stick with it for all 100 days!
ICLW
Good Luck with your Weight Loss Plans! And hope for everything else! :)
ICLWing!
Good for you and good luck with your fitness challenge!
Working things from the inside out always feels good. But - eh - a sliver...no biggie.
good luck with all your goals.
ilcw
Best of luck on the 100 day challenge. I might have to challenge my E on that.
Thanks for stopping by my blog for ICLW...
No. 3: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor IF, friendship, life on the ice)
Post a Comment