I'm busy as usual. I hope things will slow down soon. In any case, I hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day. We had a lovely one.
We took both our moms to lunch at the Tennis Club that Aidan's mom and sister are members (We can't bring ourselves to join since we're not consistent enough to spend that much money!). It was a lovely day - just a tad bit overcast with a breeze. There were 13 of us (including our niece) and we had a lovely table outdoors overlooking the beach and next to the jazz trio. When the lunch started our table was nicely shaded but we still had to wear sunglasses. By the time we went in to the buffet, the shade was quickly disappearing. Unfortunately, the breeze was strong enough that they did not have any umbrellas available. The food was sublime but it got hotter and hotter as the meal progressed. By the time we got to dessert, Aidan's grandfather abandoned us for the covered balcony and my mom followed shortly afterwards. Aidan and I took our niece up after we ate since she kept saying "hot, hot". She fell asleep shortly thereafter. As everyone else finished, they joined us on the balcony for a few minutes and then we headed out for our other activities.
Aidan had to play for an event in the afternoon so I relaxed a bit at home, spent a little time in the garden and made dinner. I roasted a small leg of lamb, made some roasted potatoes as a treat (I don't do potatoes much anymore) and some scalloped cabbage (from scratch). It was so yummy. We rounded out the evening with a few episodes of the third series of 'Jonathan Creek'.
2 comments:
I'm intrigued by scalloped cabbage :-) How do you prepare that?
First I shredded the cabbage and onion (lengthwise)into a bowl. Then I combined the following in a large measuring cup: milk, flour, salt, pepper, shredded cheddar cheese. I added this mixture to the cabbage and onions, mixed it all together and poured it into a casserole dish. I then covered the top with shredded cheese and baked it in a 350 degree oven. Sorry I don't have exact measurements... it was an experiment!
Post a Comment