Yes, we've started to get ready for June. We're in the midst of booking our 'first visit package' We're going to stay at the Hotel Central Basicila - right in the city center. We've been to Budapest before but we didn't stay in a hotel (we boarded our river cruise and slept on the ship) but we did go shopping, do some sightseeing and ate at a sidewalk cafe when we were there. We will only be in Budapest for one or two nights. Included in our package is the consult, the hotel (2 nights, with breakfast and free internet), transportation (airport transfers and clinic transfers) and a city tour. We'll have to pay for the drugs for the cycle separately. Hopefully, Budapest will be the whirlwind experience that it is looking like on paper.
We're also working with our doctor to pull together all of the required tests for the consultation. I had two of the tests in March (I scanned those and sent them to the coordinator by email today) and will do all of the other tests over the next 3 weeks or so. DH will be doing his tests as well. Next we'll need to book our flights to London and then to Budapest.
We'll also be spending a few days in London to celebrate my birthday. At this point, we'll be in London for 3 nights (4 if we only do one night in Budapest). I've already started exploring the musicals that are on in the West End, have been campaigning for peonies for my b-day and have had amazing daydreams about visiting my favorite restaurants. We've also discussed trips to Kew Gardens (I've never been there in a warmer weather month - always October or November) and Hampton Court (I've been trying to get there since 2001). I am truly hoping for a relaxing break.... we need a mini-vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment