20 May 2010

May ICLW!!!

HAPPY ICLW!!!!!

Welcome! I’m Marisa (35) and my husband is Aidan (37). Our history is on the left. As you’ll see, we just found out that we’re expecting. It’s the cautious time and we’re counting all of our blessings at the moment.

A friend of mine answered the questions to this quiz and I loved what I learned about her. I thought it would be a great way to share a bit about me for ICLW!

Getting to Know Me!

Apple juice or orange juice?  Apple Juice (Apple & Eve to be exact. There’s also a German one that I really like)

Are you a morning or night person?  Night. I can get things done in the morning – just don’t expect me to talk…

Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? It depends on my mood – and I sometimes like both together

What was your favorite childhood television program? The Muppet Show, Force Five Cartoons, JEM

Are you a collector of anything? Jewelry J

If you could be any animal, what would you be? I’d like to be a cat. I sometimes envy my cats’ lives.

What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? Often what I am thankful for. Sometimes I try to organize in my head what needs to be done tomorrow.

What's your favorite color? Blue – midnight blue is my absolute favorite

Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Most definitely – in such a vast universe there must be more life out there!

Do you believe in ghosts? Sometimes

Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Civilization and Journeyman Project

You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? I’d love to set up a philanthropic trust after paying bills, etc.

Have any bad habits? I’m a pack rat…

List 3 of your best personality traits: entrepreneurial, visionary, focused

List 3 of your worst personality traits: control-freak, impatience, can hold a grudge

Have any celebrity crushes? Hugh Laurie

List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: I have polycystic kidney disease – I’d change that!!!

Any tattoos or piercings? Pierced ears (1 in each lobe); used to have my belly pierced.

What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Legs J

Are you mostly a clean or messy person? In the middle…

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Bermuda

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Chile; Argentina; New Zealand; Egypt; Greece

List 5 goals on your life's to-do list: 1) Go to Paris  2) Lots and lots of theatre  3) Achieve my Highland Dancing Member’s status  4) Learn to Flamenco   5) Continue to make a difference in my community
Name 1 regret you have: I don’t really have any since I wouldn’t be where I am today without what had happened in my life.

Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: Watching MGM musicals with my dad

Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Travelling all around the world!

What's your favorite song of the moment? "Wave" Frank Sinatra

What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Watching Doctor Who on BBC America

What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Puttering around in the garden

You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi!

If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?  Talk to my great-grandmother whenever I need her guidance; take away the polycystic kidney disease in my family; Have enough to give continuously to the charities that need help

Ever wish you were born the opposite sex? No – I like being a girl!

Name 1 thing not many people know about you: When I was 6, I wanted to be an airline stewardess.

If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to? I really, really like my name – particularly when it’s pronounced properly (in Italy or a Spanish speaking country).


POST A COMMENT!  CHOOSE ONE OF THE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER!

31 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oooh! I love to travel the world, too!

Congrats on your recent good news. May it be followed by a very long string of even more good news!

Me? When I was 6 I wanted to be a scientist. I had a microscope and a chemistry set and I began reading the encyclopedia. Yeah, I was a lot of fun.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy ICLW! I love Hugh Laurie too!

Anonymous said...

I really liked reading your answers ! I would have said the same thing for many of those questions.

Marielle0430 said...

Hi Marisa. Congratulations on your BFP!! How exciting! Are you due in January too? Oh and by the way, sweet and salty together is about my favorite thing in the world...can you say chocolate covered pretzels???? Yummmmmm

Jonelle said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog and for the NPH singing suggestion. I will definitely checkout Dr Horrible's Sing along Blog. Congrats on the good news too.

You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal?

Steak and Lobster with a side of steamed asparagus spears, and wild rice. For dessert molten lava chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate sauce with raspberries along the bottom of the cake.

Can you tell I'm hungry?

Niki said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Congrats on the pregnancy! Its so awesome that it happened naturally why you were taking a break from treatment.

Happy ICLW!(#64)

Niibiishen said...

Nice to meet you! I love that questionnaire, I might use it (if that's ok) Congrats on your BFP!!

If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you want to go?

I would visit Italy, China, England, France, anywhere in S.America...(its a long list)

Uinipooh said...

Just found your blog, just started blogging myself, and I'm new to the whole ICLW community...

Congrats on the good news. Take it easy. Nice to "meet you" via your list.

Collect - I collect 2 main things: purses, and Winnie the Pooh items (preferably pre 1960s when Disney bought exclusive rights).

Tattoos or piercings - I have a needle phobia, but I always wanted my ears pierced. My friend, when I was 18, took me to get them pierced; and, after the first ear was done and I was ready to bolt, talked me into having to get the other ear done as well (thankfully). I lived in Samoa for 2 years and wanted a traditional tattoo, but my husband talked me out of it.

Jenni said...

Congratulations!

What do you usually think about right before falling asleep?

I count backwards from 1000 - I've been doing it for years.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I confess to being a packrat as well. I'll save things for a long time then go through a massive purge and wonder why I kept all that crap for so long!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on your pregnancy! That is so exciting. I love hearing stories about women getting pregnant while on a break from treatment. It gives me hope for a "surprise". I can't wait to hear about your pregnancy!!

Happy ICLW!
~Aly
www.infertilityoverachievers.

Julie said...

Congratulations! I'm always glad to hear such good news!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

ICLW
http://oncewithfeeling.blogspot.com

Jana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love traveling too. What is Highland Dancing?

Congrats on your pregnancy. That's wonderful

ICLW #69
http://findjoynow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pregnancy, hope it's a sticky one.

Happy ICLW!!
#40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said...

It was great getting to know a bit more about you!! I love to travel as well though I think that I will be home for a little bit!!

Hope everything is going well with the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Great answers. I used to love JEM too! I can relate to your personality traits. I have travelled to several places but have many more countries I would like to visit like France and Ireland. I also do not like to talk in the morning.
Happy ICLW

Dawn said...

How exciting about your pregnancy. Congratulations.

Christina said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! Wow, you guys sure do get around!

'You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on?'

I would spend every penny researching a cure for Zellweger Syndrome.

KD said...

If I could change one thing it would be health issues. happy ICLW!!

Stickles McQueen said...

Congratulations on your upcoming little one! Stories like yours always inspire me.

I just had to point out that I loved JEM (I still even remember some of the songs!), and I've been wanting to learn flamenco for a while too! I'm curious about the German apple juice - I'm kind of sucker for all things German.

I'm going to remember that list and post it up sometime myself! Have a great week!

ICLW #123

Missy said...

Yes, I love traveling as well.Planning a trip to Ireland in a few months. I also watch Dr Who with my husband!

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW!! Congratulations!!! That is awesome!

As for answering one of the questions: Have I ever wished I was the opposite sex? My answer is YES!! Every 28-35 days I wish with every heartbeat that I'd been born a boy! I (sometimes) hate being a girl! :-)

ICLW#164

Laura said...

I am such a pack rat too, but once or twice a year I do a deep clean and purge it all. I also love to travel the world. Now you get to travel the world with a baby in a hiking backpack! So exciting! Congrats!

Alice said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and congratulations!! What a wonderful "surprise" to get that BFP. Really hoping all goes well from here.

Yay for travel! We're off to Italy starting on Friday.

Sooz said...

I love traveling, too! Thankw for a great introduction. It's nice to get to know a fellow ICLW.

Congrats on the BFP!

ICLW

Jana said...

congrats on your pregnancy.

I love traveling too!

thanks for stopping by my blog

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! How wonderful!

Oddly enough, in my next life I would like to be a guy. Women do to much housework.

Quiet Dreams said...

Love the muppets.

And sexy legs. Definitely.

Love this list of yours, I feel like I have an idea about who you are. :)

ICLW

Browniris said...

What an interesting quiz, and congratulations on the BFP!

junebug said...

I'm with ya every Saturday night. On my sofa eating air popped popcorn and digging every moment.
:-)
ICLW

Jem said...

Cautious optimism is the way to go.

Happy ICLW!
http://ambivalentwomb.blogspot.com/