I need to slow down - I know it. Every morning I'm up between 5 and 6.30 and I don't seem to stop until I climb into the bed at 11-11.30. That's why I revel (and I do mean revel) in a Saturday morning when I can sleep in. It happens once or twice a month but I won't complain. I love to get up, deal with the animals and then climb back into bed for a few hours. The last Saturday lie in resulted in me getting up at 1pm. Indulgent... definitely!!!
The Saturday lie-in has worked against us in the past though. We generally leave the door to your backyard open for the dogs and cats to go in and out of the house. One time, Artemis (the white cat) came in with "something to show us". She meowed loudly until we yelled her name to indicate where we are (sort of a cat/human version of Marco Polo). So she came upstairs into a lovely dark room with two dogs and a cat asleep on the bed. Then all hell broke loose. The "something" was a live bird!!! There was a lot of flapping and squawking, dogs barking, two cats growling at each other, and feathers everywhere. Aidan then starting flinging animals off of the bed and out of the room to figure out where the bird was located. Eventually, there were two dogs and a cat on the other side of the door, Artemis with the bird hunkered behind the toilet growling at Aidan and a bedroom and bathroom covered in feathers! Needless to say, we now keep the back door closed on lie in mornings.
5 comments:
That sounds like a VERY relaxing Saturday morning :-) Gotta love pets who bring you live presents.
Thanks for the morning giggle. It reminded me of when Saphron once brought in a live lizard while the telephone repairman was there. He didn't know that part of his job description would be to grab a lizard and take it outside while I managed the chaos from on top of the couch. :-) I always say that pets are great entertainment.
Hope you're enjoying your Saturday lie-in and it's totally uneventful! I must say that story gave me a good laugh!
I love Saturday lie-ins. I'm so thankful my Jack is an indoor kitty. But he has his own way of waking us up. He claws the mattress.
Thanks for the laugh :D
What a crazy morning! Gotta love when the furkids bring you presents!
Post a Comment