18 May 2010

Embargo Lifted.... Original Message: OMG!!!!!!

Aidan asked that I not say anything until we were sure.... well, and ultrasound confirmed it today... WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!

It's been insane because we found out on Mother's Day evening. I was late, freaking out about when I would have to go in for my day 3 blood tests since my week was hell and decided to POAS just for the hell of it. Needless to say, I was more than a little stunned to see two lines. I started screaming OMG and shoved the test stick into the shower for Aidan to see it. I followed up with a digital and it immediately came up saying 'pregnant'. We were floored - no words can express the joy and confusion we experienced that night.

The next morning we went to my GP for a blood test. At 11am I got a call - it was positive. The results were sent to my OB/GYN and Nephrologist. The OB/GYN immediately called and requested 2 betas. The May 11th beta was 1,732 and May 13th beta was 4,452. He then set an u/s date for today to see if everything was in the right place.

I spent the rest of the week and weekend freaked out completely. I took a test daily to tell myself this was real. This morning I was up at 4am, I was so nervous. We got to the doctor's office 30 mintues early and had to drive around a bit to not look too eager. Then came the vaginal u/s. Both of us held our breaths until my doctor pointed out something. It's in the correct place, we saw a heartbeat and is measuring at 5w 6d. We've been given a due date of January 12, 2011. Needless to say, we're stunned to unknown levels. Since I am high rish, our next u/s is June 4 followed by an OB visit on June 9. The OB is consulting with Boston as they may have to change my BP meds and the plan is for me to deliver in Boston (maybe - depending on how things go). And... we're still off to Budapest in June since everything is already booked.

In posting this news, I really want to thank all of you for your support over the years. Many of you have become good friends and without you there were days that I believe I would have stayed in the pits of despair. I am grateful for this community as I did not have the courage to seek out people to talk with IRL when we were diagnosed with infertility. I am grateful for your advice, love and kind ear since 2007. I do understand that with this news, some may not wish to read or comment going forward. I understand completely. However, I want everyone to know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers, as you have been from the beginning!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!

JJ said...

What FANTASTIC news!!!

junebug said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! :-) ((Hugs))

C said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess said...

Congrats!!! That is wonderful news!

kimbosue said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOO! So happy for you guys!

Rebecca said...

Such absolutely awesome news!!! Congratulations!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Fabulous news! I had to read that twice! Congratulations. Doing a happy, happy dance for you guys!

Fran said...

This is brilliant news!! I'm so happy for you, you are officially relocated to the "we did it!" list!!

Rotten said...

AMAZING!! Congrats!

Mad Hatter said...

That is AMAZING!!!!! Woo hoooo! I am thrilled for you both!
Love,
Maddy

erika said...

OMG!!! wonderful, wonderful news!
I am so excited for you!

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you:)

Gurlee said...

Holy Crap!!!! Congratulations! I have tears streaming down my face right now! I am so happy for you! This is your first cycle TTC, right?
You fill me with hope as you are the only other person "I know" who also had a robotic myomectomy! I can't wait to follow your journey!!!!


Yay!!!!!!!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said...

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah - best news I have had all week - SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!

Yay!! CONGRATULATIONS and my the next 8 months be very easy and boring!!

addingtothepack said...

HUGE Congratulations!

Jules said...

Fantastic news. :) Congratulations!!

Jessica White said...

WOOHOOO!!!!! Congrats!

Photogrl said...

WONDERFUL news!!! :)

I'm so, so, SO happy for you!!!

Ginger said...

Aww congrats! I'm right behind you (5 wks) - a little jealous you've already been to the dr and know it's not ectopic and that your #s are good! Even though we underwent fertility treatments, my dr doesn't want to see me until 8 weeks.
Best wishes to you and have a great trip!

Natalie said...

HOLY SHIT!!! Congratulations!!! OMG OMG this is so exciting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are also pregnant! We are not far apart I see - my due dat is 6 Jan 2011. Thanks for commenting on my blog! ICLW

Em said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news!

ICLW

Krissi McVicker said...

OMG! Congratulations!! Keep me in mind when you want to share your success story!! By the way, my birthday is January 12th!! ;-) Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy!! Happy ICLW! (Stress Free Infertility #94)

April said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

RMCarter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You news about your BFP after an HSG is so encouraging! Hoping I get that kind of luck too. :)

Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months!

RMCarter said...

Oh, and it is really, REALLY cool that you found out on Mother's Day. :) Nice!