Yesterday, we had to forgo the kayaking idea since Aidan hadn't registered the kayak with Marine & Ports (knowing our luck, the police would have been patrolling just as we would have started paddling...). Not one to temp fate, we decided to pull out our bikes and head towards Dockyard. Now, the bikes have been banished to our basement since the beginning of our TTC journey, when an overly anxious me read that cycling would be bad for "the boys" (if you get my drift). As things quickly went down hill, the bikes went further and further into the back of the basement. Yes we missed them - particularly for the Aquarium's annual fundraiser that we used to cycle around the Sound. So, it was with great nostalgia that Aidan pulled out the bikes yesterday morning and pumped up the tires.
We began riding to the railway trail and immediately Aidan realized that my gears weren't working properly. After riding about 3/4 of a mile, he tried to fix my top gear but it would take tools. We decided to keep going. Now, I had been complaining that I needed a workout. Well, I got one. I had to pedal my butt off to keep up with Aidan. Thankfully, it was a lovely day with a good breeze - I needed the breeze! Aidan did take some pity on me and we exchanged bikes at some point. Much better! However, the gel seat on my bike wasn't the most useful thing and I realised that my butt and inner thighs were killing me - from sitting... go figure! I worked through it and managed to get home by standing up whenever I went over a speed bump.
So triumphant, if not exhausted, we have returned to the world of cycling!
4 comments:
That is great! So happy you were able to get back out there, glad you are feeling well too!
I really want to get a bike! This week my husband and I plan to sign up for an outdoor club that will hopefully inspire us to get bikes, kayaks, etc. We'll have to start with hiking!
Happy ICLW!
I really want to get a bike! My husband and I are planning to join and outdoor activity type club this week, so hopefully we'll be inspired to get those bikes, kayaks, etc. we've been talking about. We'll have to start out with hiking!
Happy ICLW!
So glad you were able to dig out the bikes and do something that you enjoy. I know all to well those moments of putting something away or not doing it because it might be bad for TTC.
But you still need to enjoy life too!
ICLW #165
Post a Comment