01 February 2010

Now the Year Gets Underway...

I've never been a fan of January. For me it has always been the slowest month of the year. I don't know if it is because I miss the Christmas holidays or that it takes so long to get back into the swing of things. Even in college, January seemed to take forever to move whereas all of the other months flew by. Due to this feeling, I mostly see January as a staging month - getting things ready for the rest of the year. It doesn't seem to make the month go any faster for me but it does give me things to look forward to during the rest of the year.

I did get a lot accomplished in January 2010. It wasn't as much as I had hoped but I am learning to be satisfied with baby steps because it gets me to the goal. Work is a bit more organized than it was in December while schoolwork still needs some attention. Highland dancing is moving forward with a plan and TTCing for 2010 also has a plan. We've planned a vacation that we will hopefully be able to take. And starting today, our diet and exercise regimine restarts!

It's kinds nice to have plans and to feel organized. I know that real life doesn't really care about plans or organization and I need to get more comfortable with rolling with what life gives me and living life to the fullest while I have the opportunity. Yes, it's easier said than done but I am more open to the concept than I have been over the last 3 years. But you know what I really want to work on in 2010 and no plan or organization can really help me. No, it's not related directly to TTCing. I want to rebuild my confidence. I miss it and sometimes I do not know what to do to regain it. So this is probably my greatest desire at the moment. I've gotten the humility part - now I'd like self-confidence!

2 comments:

Photogrl said...

I know what you mean about January, it's always catch up month for me.

You did quite a bit this month!

Anonymous said...

I bet it feels great to have so many plans in place.. and a vacation to look forward too!

I'm always the opposite i tend not to notice January in the flurry of clearing up after the holidays going back to college..

I sort of feel like the years are passing faster and faster..

Good luck with your plans for 2010 :-)