19 February 2010

"Back" to Normal

My back is anyway. I still have about 3 weeks for dancing and 6 for TTC. The last week has been pretty painful. After last Friday's acupuncture visit where we realised that I had a vertebrae out of place, I've been trying to stretch, spend time on the inversion table and keep moving without killing myself. I've been a bit of a bear because of it. On Wednesday, I went to my acupuncturist for some muscle relaxing. He put needles up and down my spine and the muscles going towards my shoulders and neck. It hurt some but it was so food. This was followed by cupping. It was better than a deep tissue massage. I really enjoyed it. On Thursday, I did wake up to a few bruises and what looked like sunburn along my spine but it was worth it!

Yesterday (also Thursday) was the very important chiropractor visit. If I thought that Wednesday's acupuncture was difficult, the chiropractic adjustments were hell. I ended up with 2 vertebrae having to be realigned and more acupuncture on my muscles. Talk about smarting! I felt so good but was told that I would probably be sore when I got up in the morning. Boy am I sore..... but I can still lift my arms over my head!!!!!

PALS walk is on Sunday - 13 miles! My first milestone in getting back in shape!

1 comment:

Photogrl said...

I'm glad to hear that your visits helped you!

Good luck with the walk!