It's not like I am overdoing anything. I have been slowly trying to transition back into being active so that my return to dance will be enjoyable in the next 3 weeks. My back doesn't want to cooperate. Every time I try to add some upper body exercises, my upper back starts to act up. Thankfully, I have acupuncture today but I am really starting to get tired of this. I'm going to ask if there are alternate recommended exercises that I can do and work up to these normal exercises - baby steps, KWIM???? I really want to get back into the swing of things without making additional payments to my acupuncturist and chiropractor.
Other than that, my energy level is great! The iron is finally being absorbed efficiently. I feel pretty normal and a, looking forward to more rigorous cardio (dancing, jogging, kickboxing) in the coming weeks. We haven't done the menus yet because I am really rethinking our diets for the rest of winter (soups and stews) as I realised what I've been making hasn't been the best combination of ingredients. For example, I haven't cooked with a potato in months (I use squash instead) and then I make a stew and the first thing that I'm cutting up is potatoes. Old habits....
As for dancing, the Band's AGM is coming up and I have to write up the report for the dancers. It's been an interesting year being dance director. We've achieved so many goals. I don't mind stepping back for the next year or two for others to take the role. I think we're on a great path for growth and development. Now I just need to pass my exam in April!
2 comments:
Ugh! Back pain is the worse. I hurt my tailbone years ago and it is always acting up.
I find it hard to break certain cooking habits. I really want to go to a school to learn about how to cook lots of veggies and healthy stuff that I'm not used to using.
Yay for the iron absorbing properly, it is great stuff when you need it. Hope you upper body starts to co-operate soon. I agree with you, baby steps and you will get there. You definitely don't want to be paying for more chiro & acupuncture than you need!
Post a Comment