22 February 2010

February ICLW

Welcome from a partly cloudy and pretty cool Bermuda!
I wasn't sure how to do my intro this month but since I did a 15 mile walk yesterday and am sore as h*ll, I've decided to go with old faithful...

Me - 35, independent consultant and dancer, 5+ years into a doctoral program in management (I need the motivation to work on the dissertation...), dx with polycyctic kidney disease (not affecting fertility) and fibroids (10 removed in December 09). I love MGM Musicals, theatre, Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Audrey Hepburn, Glee, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Star Wars, Star Trek and dancing.

DH - 37, engineer, clairinet player and bagpiper, dx high prolactin levels and low motility. He loves marching and pipe bands, theatre, suspense novels, strategy games and good BBC programming.

Our Life - met in 1999 or 2000 (depends on who you speak to), dating in 2001, engaged in 2005, married in 2006 and began TTCing in 2007. Due to the fibroid removal surgery, we're on a TTC break until at least April 2010. We'll try on our own and are looking at doing IVF #2 in Boston in September if we're not successful. We've joined an IRL infertility support group and hopefully it'll make sense for us.
 

Other stuff - we have 2 cats and 2 dogs (CKCSs). We love to travel (it happens when you're stuck on a 21 square mile Island). We love Broadway and West End Shows. We both enjoy being onstage performing or backsage making the show happen. We're planners and that makes this whole IF thing suck royally.

We did our first IVF cycle in Czech Republic (we did not miss out on our annual vacation). It was an amazing experience and I wish we could go back for cycle #2. Unfortunately, we don't have 3.5 weeks to spend overseas this year thanks to my fibroid removal surgery and recovery. Additionally, I really hope we can have a non-medically related vacation this year. We really need it. 


Life is kinda crazy at the moment. There a fire in the apartment of our other house where DH's grandfather lives in the main house so we're dealing with that. I am still in recovery mode and having fun with my back - 3 weeks to go until I can dance again though. I need to play catch up with schoolwork but I am so not motivated at the moment. Also trying to get ready for my highland dancing teacher's exam....

6 comments:

junebug said...

Ahhh Bermuda. Compared to the icy tundra of Kansas I'm sure it would be heaven on earth right now to be in Bermuda. :-)

kimbosue said...

Thanks for the update! Hope the test goes well!

~ICLW

Dana said...

bermuda! Lovely! But I will take the snow we are getting here in west texas today! ICLW

Myndi said...

It does sound rather romantic, the idea of living in Bermuda, but I suppose that's because I don't actually live there. The grass is always greener, right?

I've always been interested in the idea of overseas IVF. Even with the travel costs, I understand it's much cheaper. And I don't work so time away from home isn't such a stretch. Still...I'll have to catch up on your other blog posts to see how it all went.

Good luck on your recovery and on coming back to natural TTC. Best wishes that you find yourself exactly where you want to be. :)

Gurlee said...

Hello, Nice to stumble across your blog via ICLW. Bermuda, how lovely! What kind of fibroids did you have? I am gearing up for the removal of one next month, really excited to rid myself of it.
Good luck with your second IVF!

rebecca said...

Wow, Bermuda sounds incredible & very relaxing! Hope you continue to recover smoothly & things go well as you guys proceed with treatment in the future!

~ICLW