15 September 2009

We're Home!

It's good to be back in our own bed - having a tempurpedic mattress does that to you. Everything now needs to be organized, suitcases unpacked and laundry washed. Work is also a mess with tons of emails, meetings and papers all over my desk. And I am moving like a snail because I feel like crap. I am a physical and emotional wreck. If I didn't have acupuncture yesterday, I never would have made it though the day. My head hurts so much that I went home and went straight to bed after dinner.

Now, with the finish line in view (beta scheduled for Monday), I am really hating this process. I still believe that going to the Czech Republic was brilliant. I doubt I would have been as calm as I was if I was working and flying back and forth to the US for appointments. Still, if this doesn't work, it's not like I can find another 3 weeks that easily.... plus I need to have a fibroid removed before I go back and will need to go to the US for laproscopic surgery. I hate that the whole process is a gamble. We've put our lives on hold to be able to do all of this. I'm just tired - emotional and tired.

In any case, I have contacted the patient liaison for Brigham and Women's about fibroid removal. I hate not having any contingencies. Since we have to go to Boston next month, it would be good to get in to see a doctor. Not that I've given up on this cycle yet.... It just hasn't set well with me that I could have had it removed a year ago and could have been in better condition for this IVF cycle. Since another IVF cycle won't be until 2010 - and possibly next September if recovery from surgery takes 3-6 months (and looking at our calendars), it is better to get the information now.

Thanks everyone for your support through this process thus far. You've all been invaluable support!

2 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Crossing my fingers for you for good results on Monday!

'Murgdan' said...

Welcome Home! Thank you so much for sharing about your journey...cheering you on for good news on Monday!