I had fitful dreams due to my anger at myself. I never really relaxed. It's like I was debating with myself all night how to get on with life. One side wanted to pretend like nothing was wrong and the other side wanted to save face and emotions. I woke up in the middle of the night confused, feeling those bloody symptoms that are obviously progesterone side effects and feeling pretty lost. When I finally settled in again I dreamed about the embryos that were made out of me and Aidan. At first, it felt good to know that we had managed to create something together. Then it hit me that we'd never see what the result of that fusion would become. I dreamed that we ran away from our lives due to that. We purchased a house in the US, moved away from our families and started to build a new life.
I woke up really dissatisfied. I don't want to run away from life or family. Yes, I'd like to get on with our lives but I know that that means dealing with all that life has to offer. I don't know how to deal with it yet as the disappointment is still fresh but we must deal with it. I cannot keep immersing myself in projects to avoid life... I need to figure out how to get back to living. I also need to relax. We need to relax. We both need to cut back on our activities and just enjoy being at home a bit.
I don't get to see my therapist until October. She's helped me so much in the last 12 months and I know working through these emotions and feelings will allow me to get to know more about myself. In the meantime, Aidan and I continue talking. This process continues to bring us closer together. It's a wonderful side effect of a crazy set of circumstances.
IN any case, I need to get through a family birthday party today. I have no desire to interact with anyone yet but I have no choice... I pray I can hold it together.
6 comments:
Family gatherings are REALLY hard when you're in the middle of that kind of emotional shitstorm. And I still bristle at pregnancies and babies on TV. Sucks, but I change the channel usually. :/
Family events are always the worst. *hugs* I'm sorry this cycle didn't work.
I am guessing that curling up on the couch with a good movie and some popcorn is about all you want to do right now. Hoping the party was OK.
I am so very sorry that this cycle did not work out for you and Aidan. I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers.
Sweetie, I so know where you are right now. Just try to hang in there and breathe!!
Hugs,
Rebel
I am so sorry this cycle didn't work. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Hope you made it through the family party okay!
((hugs)) to you and the hubby!
Post a Comment