07 September 2009

Cycle Day 20 - Transfer Day

We started the day as usual - breakfast and then relaxing in our room. I then had a massage appointment at10am. I had a Thai full body massage for 90 minutes. Believe me, it was heaven. With the knots gone for the moment, we then went and had lunch as we were making 12.30 at the clinic.

Once we checked in, we then had to meet with the embryologist. We had 2 grade 1 expanding blasts, 1 grade 2 early blast, 2 grade 3 (can't remember what), 3 morulas and 4 eight-celled embryos. We decided to transfer the 2 expanding blasts. We discussed freezing the grade 2 & 3's but ultimately decided not to freeze anything. I took that a bit hard since that was my contingency plan gone....

Anyhow, we then went to prepare for transfer. I listed to my visualization cd to get my mind back on track. I was prepped and we were shown the expanding blasts on the screen. Both of us were smiling at that. I then had to lay back as the doctor described what was going on. Aidan watched the blasts being readied for the transfer. They did an ultrasound guided transfer and it was over in seconds. The nurse and the doctor got me arranged on the bed with my legs up and I was taken back to the room. I then had 45 minutes to relax. I listened to the visualization cd and a little Frank Sinatra.

We stopped by the pharmacy to pick up supplies on our way out and I am now on bed rest for 24 hours. I plan a Ballykissangel marathon and hopefully will get to start watching Firefly.

8 comments:

Pie said...

Congrats, that is great news! Now rest, let those blasts nuzzle in. So what are the beta plans? Will you still be in CZ, or back home?

I'm feeling very positive about this cycle! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Natalie said...

So sorry you have no frosties, that's always disappointing. But 2 wonderful blasts are at home now! I really really feel good things for you, girl.

Anonymous said...

wonderful!! best of luck-
thinking of you-

Jessica White said...

I'm keeping lots of good thoughts coming for you guys!

Rotten said...

A little Frank is always a good thing. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That's wonderful! Keeping you in my thoughts!

Mad Hatter said...

Frank Sinatra! An excellent choice! And the Thai full body massage sounds amazing! You sound really good, and I hope your two little blasts are getting nice and comfy! Crossing fingers and toes for you!!
Love,
Maddy

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Oh goodie, 2 little sweeties on board. Good luck with your flight!!

Hugs,
Rebel