15 September 2009

More Fibroid Removal Planning...

So, after a year of being uncomfortable with the knowledge that I have this fibroid, I am finally doing something about it. Granted, it may be the early stages of planning for its removal but at least the ball is rolling. I contacted the internal coordinator this morning and this afternoon I have a doctor willing to see me at Brigham & Women's on Oct 5th. I'm trying to get in on the 2nd (I am supposed to fly home on the 5th) but I'll change my flight back if necessary. I have to do a pelvic MRI before hand and my doctor has managed to schedule me for one on Sept 28th!

So now I just need to see if I can proceed with treatment sooner or later - and I'll know that sometime next week after Monday's beta. Aidan and I had a short conversation about it and we may therefore do round two of IVF (if necessary) in a year.....

3 comments:

Pie said...

First off - LOL at the tempurpedic mattress comment! I have one too, and all other mattresses now feel like I'm sleeping on a trampoline. Not good. I actually tried to find places to stay when I go to the far away clinic with a tempurpedic - but no such luck.

And I can't believe you are already planning the next IVF before you get the beta back for this one. What gives? Is your body telling you something we don't know - cause I'm still feeling optimistic for you. You had a great cycle and transferred blasts. Keep a little hope in your heart.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us until Monday!

daega99 said...

No, I just wanted a plan in place before we tested. If it is negative, I know I'll be a mess so having a contingency in place allows things to proceed without much thought. That said, I go back and forth between feeling that this cycle will be successful or not. I'm finding it hard to keep positive...

Mad Hatter said...

Good for you for moving forward with removing the fibroid. A plan B is good - as you say, it's a safety net. But I am crossing everything in hopes that you won't need it - unless you'd like a second or third child! ;-)