16 August 2009

Getting Ready for the Adventure

We started packing this weekend. I generally don't pack early but since we're away for so long and need to ensure we have things to live there for a while, I thought that I should start and figure out what's missing. We then went shopping to pick up a few things - tylenol, suitcase scale, benifiber, etc. I also got another sweater from Marks & Spencer, this time in grey. We've gone through our documents and our only major thing we need to do is get a few customs forms so we can take the computers and cameras in and out of Bermuda.

I'm starting to feel a little nervous. Right now it is a fear that I will get out there and go to the first appointment and them saying that we can't do it for some reason. Outside of that nightmare, I am still concerned about needles and such. I know it'll all be fine once we get started and then i will worry about other things...

As for the vacation part, we purchased a few guide books for Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic. We've decided not to schedule anything yet and to keep this vacation as normal as possible (we generally don't schedule anything other than theatre tickets...).

I have forgotten one thing due to the hectic nature of the last few weeks. Our dating anniversary/engagement anniversary is on Wednesday. We usually go out to dinner but we'll be on the airplane this year. I went to look at the gift to see if it would be ok to carry with me on the plane to give it to him and realized that I don't have anything! I have the b-day present for September but forgot this anniversary. I can't give him the b-day present so I had better find something in the next 4 days. I will make a card today. Any thoughts for a simple gift that will travel well?????

2 comments:

JJ said...

Its getting close--I know there are lots of things to be nervous about--will you be able to blog so we can help keep you thinking positive?

Hmmm, does he like to read? A book or travel journal would be good. Make sure you clink glasses on the plane=)

Mad Hatter said...

Cufflinks! Happy anniversary and all the best for your adventure!