23 August 2009

Cycle Day 5: Day 3 of Stims

Welcome ICLWers! Sorry, no proper intro this month. I planned to do the A,B,Cs of me but time just got away from me. Please see my timeline on the side and I welcome you to follow along on our adventure.

I think I am fighting a head cold. I am also having trouble getting used to being 5 hours ahead. Other than that, all things are well. Yesterday, DH did injection #2 for me. We didn't let the alcohol dry before the needle went in so it stung a bit. I did the injection on my own today and it didn't sting at all. I did look at the needle for the next stage (Ganirelix)and that needle looks like it may hurt a bit. By lower tummy is a bit sore when I stretch but it's not too bad. I just want my period to end...

Every evening I either soak my feet in hot water or put them on a heating pad. Then, DH works on the acupressure points for this phase of the cycle. t is quite relaxing. I plan to do the guided visualisation this evening. I can't believe we're going back to the doctor in 2 days time - I guess that's what happens when a weekend is in the midst of treatment.

Vacation is going well. We're about to go for a walk and then will take a drive to Brno. We need to go to the grocery store as well - I ate all of the blueberries for extra vit c yesterday to get through this had cold. We're loving our little studio apartment. We have eaten here for the last 2 nights, making half of dinner ourselves. DH has purchased a potted blue hydrangea for the main room and potted lavender for the bathroom. I love both and am so thankful that I have a thoughtful husband.

    

8 comments:

..al said...

Oh, I love the photographs...esp of those flowers...

Hope the shots do not hurt, and the BFP happens!

Good Luck!

ICLW

Pie said...

Lovely plants! Glad to hear the shots are going well, I always found giving them myself was always less painful than having hubby do it. It's like ripping off a band-aid, always less painful when you do it yourself.

And keep up with the beautiful pics - it is another virtual vacation for all of us!

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you. The little apt looks nice and it's great to had a few homey touches.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

How sweet he bout the plants. I'm glad you've got a home away from home right now.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

:) sounds like its going well- how kind of dh to buy pretty plants!

Unknown said...

That hydrangea is gorgeous! What a thoughtful man.

Kristin said...

What beautiful flowers. Good luck with this cycle.

~ICLW

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said...

Oh, thank goodness I have found your blog through ICLW as I am finding your story a little similar to mine (we are going to Thailand from Australia to do a donor egg cycle). I wish you absolutely all the best with the cycle and your holiday.

Good luck!

Journey Girl