30 August 2009

Cycle Day 12 - Day 10 of Stims

This is my "I feel like crap' post. I've had a headache throughout the last 10 days - some days it is a dull ache and some days it is a throbbing bass drum. I finally relented and went to have a Thai Head Massage on Friday and as I guessed, my neck and shoulders were knotted. It was the most hellish and most satisfying massage that I have ever had. I am going back tomorrow because I am just too tense.

I am also bloated like I have never been bloated. Yesterday, when we were in our amazing B&B room in Prague's Old Town, I felt fine about being bloated - in my drawstring pants I felt good and thought I looked good (great hair day, perhaps). This morning, after the Gonal F shot and a horrible Ganirelix shot that left a bruise, I just felt tired of it all. I hate feeling my ovaries right now. I used to relish being able to feel them during ovulation time. Now, it's old. They ache. Aidan says they're producing little hamster eggs. It was cute on day three of stims - it's not anymore.

I just want this process to be over and it's nowhere near finished. I am dreading each stage because I just want it to work. Sure, tomorrow I'll be my optimistic self and will see the whole experience as amazing. Right now, I think it's horrible to be going through this.... sigh.

4 comments:

JJ said...

Im so sorry you feel crummy--the hormones made my head ache almost constantly! Im SO glad you went to get a massage!

Each stage brings such new and overwhelming emotions...I wish there was a CALM shot we could all take the whole way through it.

Thinking of you!

Mad Hatter said...

Poor you - it sounds like you're going through some awful symptoms right now. Yay for Thai Head Massages and treating yourself to whatever makes you feel better right now...Hoping for you that the lousy symptoms go by quickly! XO

Natalie said...

Ugh, feeling like that can really get to you after a while. My massage was like that too..... sooo painful, but there was so much to work out!! How many follicles do you have in there??

Pie said...

Ugh, I hate that bloated hurt-y ovary feeling. Maybe time to scale back, lay low and rest. Your body is putting quite a lot of energy to growing those eggs. And more massage, that sounds good too.

Hang in there!!