31 August 2009

Cycle Day 13 - Day 11 of Stims and Trigger Night

I was more than a little paranoid going to today's appointment. I was so bloated that I was thanking God that I brought all elastic waistband and drawstring pants on the trip, save one pair of low rise jeans. I did not have to have blood drawn so we had to be there for 10am. The waiting room was crowded but we only had a half-hour wait. Aidan played on his DS while I read an english language issue of Hello magazine that someone had left in the waiting room.

The u/s was good. We counted 17-18 follicles that were measuring at 18-20mm. There might be one or two more as my right ovary didn't want to cooperate. Both ovaries are about 7cm in diameter at the moment. That explains why I feel so bloated. My endometrium was considered optimal.

I was given a reduced amount of Gonal F and the last Ganirelix shot by the nurse. I was also given the HCG shot that we'll have to deliver tonight at 8.20pm. Retrieval is scheduled for 8.20am on Wednesday. Aidan has to check in at the same time for his sample. We'll be told the number of eggs retrieved at the clinic as I am required to stay for 1.5-2 hours afterwards to recover from the anesthetic. Our coordinator will tell us on Thursday how many fertilized. We're tentatively scheduled for Transfer next Monday at 1pm.

After the appointment I went to the thai massage place. I was scheduled for an hour long back massage. She started at my feet and worked her way to my head. It was amazing! The knots in my shoulders were a mess though and she has to use tiger balm to work them out. I can honestly say that I feel much better today than I did yesterday. I am scared to death about Wednesday but I am also feeling pretty positive about retrieval.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Will be thinking of you!!

Sally said...

I just wanted to say that I have been thinking of you and keeping you both in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

oh ! i am so exited for you!!
like sally i have also been thinking about you both
- i can't believe the transfer is wed.
if they have similar drugs to my place, you will be HAPPY!!
glad you feel better today- a massage, so sensible- good for you!
:)