25 August 2009

Cycle Day 7: Day 5 of Stims

The last few days have been interesting. I was pretty relaxed on Sunday when we visited Spilberk Castle in Bruno. Yesterday I was a mess. We visited the Zlin Zoo, Luhacovice and Uhersky Brod and while it was fascinating, I was getting more and more nervous about today's appointment. Aidan was not any better - when he posts on our vacation blog, you'll see how he was yesterday....

Anyhow, I slept relatively well last night. We have started watching True Blood so we saw two episodes before turning in and thankfully the second episode was pretty funny and helped with the feeling of stress. We got up this morning and the first thing that I did was put all of my meds in a little purple case that they gave me and then put that in my Lindos Bermudiana Shopping bag - It didn't make sense to my to carry everything in a plastic bag like I've seen everyone else do at the clinic. We went down and had breakfast and we're able to talk with Jenny & Issac again. We also met a couple from Japan.

We were making 9am and literally ran out of the door. At the bottom of the hill I realized that I left the meds - so we went back and somehow managed to get to the clinic at 9am. I had my blood test by 9.30 and then we sat and waited. We knew we'd have to wait 90 minutes for the test results and the clinic was busy as usual. We were prepared this time. Aidan had his DS and I read Women & Home (UK) and a Stephanie Plum novel (I'm on book 8).

When we were finally called I was ushered into the ultrasound room and Aidan was taken into the doctor's office. No hospital gowns here but I was warned - I had on a long sweater to cover my lower half when I ran from the bathroom to the table. My nervousness went away as the doctor showed me each ovary and began measuring the follicles. I dressed and went to the office. The doctor was telling Aidan that he was very happy with my response to the Gonal F. I had at least 16 follicles that he counted during the ultrasound and most were measuring at 8mm. Additionally, my estrogen levels were excellent. I have to continue theGonal F and then on Thursday I'll add Ganirelix. My next appointment is on Friday and he believes I'll be ready for retrieval on Tuesday.

So right now we're feeling pretty good and will hopefully be relaxed through Friday. My mom flies in on Thursday so we will be driving to Vienna to pick her up. Not looking forward to the second shot though... thankfully it is pre-prepared but the needle looks scarier - and the injection site will be my thigh.

11 comments:

Pie said...

You and your ovaries are doing a wonderful job! Keep up the good work!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Glad you were able to relax some. That sounds like great news! Hope it continues!

Jessica White said...

Good luck guys! It sounds like you're having a nice "vacation" and that things are going well at the doctor's.

C said...

Sounds like it's going great!

Beautiful Mess said...

HAPPY ICLW!

YAY for good looking ovaries! I hope your next injection won't hurt!

Sending you lots of love and good JUJU for your cycle!
*HUGS*

Natalie said...

Oh sounds like a great response so far! Really really nice. I'm aiming for a thursday retrieval too, but I'll know more tomorrow. Woo hoo!

MoonNStarMommy said...

Very awesome photos!! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time there and that your ovaries are doing what they are suppose to! YAY!!

I love the potted plants!!!

Happy ICLW :)

Jen said...

So glad that the follies are growing nicely! The "vacation" part sounds like a great way of taking a little of the stress out of this journey.

Too funny on no hospital gowns! At least you were forewarned!

Wishing you all the best!

ICLW

Photogrl said...

Everything sounds like it's going great!

Sending you LOTS of positive thoughts for this "vacation"!

Eileen said...

YAY for growing follies. Hope you're havimg a fabulous trip!

*ICLW*

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Your follies sound great! I hope that this cycle keeps going just as well.

The pictures look fabulous!

ICLW