Welcome from Bermuda. Also, Happy 1st day of Summer and Happy B-day to me (on June 21st)!!!
I thought I'd do a little intro this month ... So many things are going on!
Me - 35 (on June 21st!), independent consultant and dancer, 4+ years into a doctoral program in management, dx with polycyctic kidney disease (not affecting fertility) and fibroids (apparently not affecting fertility). I love MGM Musicals, theatre, Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Audrey Hepburn, Doctor Who, Star Wars & Star Trek and dancing.
DH - 36, engineer, clairinet player and bagpiper, dx high prolactin levels and low motility. He loves marching and pipe bands, theatre, suspense novels, strategy games and good BBC programming.
Our Life - met in 1999 or 2000 (depends on who you speak to), dating in 2001, engaged in 2005, married in 2006 and began TTCing in 2007. We're on cycle #19.
Other stuff - we have 2 cats and 2 dogs. We love to travel (it happens when you're stuck on a 21 square mile Island). We love Broadway and West End Shows. We both love being onstage performing or backsage making the show happen. We're planners and that probably makes this whole IF thing suck royally.
What we're doing to get by - We started increasing our commnication with each other after I had an emotional explosion in December 2007 over an unsuccessful cycle. Since December we've stopped putting our energy into TTCing and started putting it into getting healthier and spending quality time together. This year we've waled the equivalent of a marathon and ran a half-marathon. We've adopted healthy eating habits and we're dabbling in acupuncture in preparation for an IVF cycle that's scheduled to start on Aug 21 ( I'll start BC at the start of my next cycle - next week). We'll be doing IVF in Zlin in the Czech Republic and therefore will not miss out on our annual vacation.
Other than that - we're trying to enjoy the summer!
Looking forward to visiting everyone this month!
7 comments:
Happy brithday then! Really enjoyed reading your story, wishing you all the very best for your next cycle. Love, Fran
Happy Birthday!
And loads of good luck for your IVF Cycle!
Your intro - Wow!
I too am pursuing a PhD in management.
*ICLW*
Happy birthday! It sounds like you'll have a very eventful next few months, I wish you all the luck and baby dust and good vibes!
What made you choose Europe for IVF, versus the US? Just curious if it is all that different...
Take care!!!
ICLW
Happy Birthday! :) Good luck with your IVF cycle!
Happy Birthday- thanks for visiting my blog!
ICLW
What a neat intro! I also LOVE musicals and DH loves marching bands and Drum and Bugle Corps...cool!
Happy birthday, and best of luck with your next cycle!
*ICLW*
Wow Bermuda! I have never been. Happy Belated Birthday and Happy ICLW!
Thanks for the breakdown on your history. It's a nice way to be greeted when you're new to someones blogosphere. =)
Good luck on your upcoming cycle! I look forward to hearing all the details!
Post a Comment