So Monday's nutrition class was about organic products. I thought I had most things under control. I was pretty good about the fruits, vegs and meats - prioritizing what to purchase since eating organic is expensive. I also thought I was doing well with my cosmetics but I knew that I was awful with cleaning products (I have a few good ones but since we got the housekeeper, I let her use what she likes). Well, I still suck with my cosmetics. We were referred to the website www.cosmeticsdatabase.com and the initial search on sunscreen in the class was shocking. I then went back to work and searched my Olay Complete face cream (moderate hazard rating of 4 but it has some awful stuff in it). When I got home I searched my Ojon hair treatment (moderate hazard), Pantene Time Renewal Shampoo & Conditioner (moderate hazard), St. Ives body wash (high hazard) and dove deodorant (moderate hazard). Needless to say, I was not impressed. I looked into my make-up today and many are moderate hazards but a few were high. And here I thought that I was doing well.....
Anyhow, I've decided to not throw out everything. I'm going to just replace things that I use a lot (shampoo, soap, face cream, deodorant) and since I don't use make-up much I will just replace the items as I toss them. I used the site at lunchtime to identify products that are low hazards and ordered a few items from Amazon (Burts Bees and Desert Essence products) and Costal Classic Creations (solid shampoos, etc). I then popped out an purchased a replacement soap as the St. Ives got tossed. I'm a bit peeved about my Oil of Olay though.... hope I find a cream that works as well. I also need to choose a sunscreen.
2 comments:
Very interesting post I'll definitely be stopping by to see how you're doing!
Hey there! Got your comment--email me at reprojeans@gmail.com
Thanks my friend!
Post a Comment