24 June 2009

Day 13 DPO Musings...

This is my last 'natural' day 13 DPO before IVF. I don't hold much hope that this cycle produced a miracle. I am just hoping that AF comes on Friday so I can have a relaxing detox wrap tomorrow afternoon without having to take extra precautions. In any case, I'm feeling kind of sentimental. I think I was 20 or 21 when I tossed my last box of BC pills since my doctor didn't want them to negatively affect my kidneys. Years later I discovered the Personna monitor and I grew to understand and respect my cycle. It has been very regular, a PITA on the first two days but all-in-all it hasn't been as bad as experiences described by many of my friends.

And then there is looking forward. I am feeling very positive as this is my first cycle and there will be a lot of new experiences. I think it will be odd not to have to worry about AF in July or August - great for swimming and spa visits though! I'm also looking forward to travelling, getting some rest in the midst of all of this, seeing new towns and cities, and hopefully we will have a successful cycle.

My final musing of the morning - I really love my life at the moment. I feel happy in so many aspects of my life. I want and need to remember this as I go through this process and defininitely if we recieve a not-so-happy end result. I have a wonderful husband, great family and friends, loving pets, work that I enjoy, hobbies that are a pleasure to participate in and a home that is sometimes better than a vacation - and Bermuda truly is another world! The pursuit of parenthood is something we believe will make everything feel complete - in actuality it is just another path that we can take and would like to take in this journey called life. I am hopeful and pray that we do get to travel the path but I also realise for now that I know that I can be happy with life because I already know what it feels like.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound so at peace. I admire that- so many people are always searching after something and never satisfied. They're so centered on one goal/item/pursuit, everything else gets lost. Thank you!

ICLW

Christina said...

You have a great outlook. I think it's important to refocus every once in a while, otherwise things can spin out of control.

We were married in Sept. 06, too! Have been TTC since that day! GL to you.

iclw
christina from unquestionablelove