06 June 2009

Shopping....

I've downloaded about 35 books on the Kindle. I got it so I won't have to carry any books with me when we travel this summer. It is amazing! It'll work well when we travel!

I also picked up one of those mini laptops with no movable parts. I decided that I will not lug my Dell overseas unless I'm forced to. That thing is way too heavy. I got a really nice HP mini and so far it fits beautifully into my purse. I was watching a video on it this afternoon and the screen is so clear. Again, it'll work well when we travel.

DH had regiment training this morning and I had to go to the salon. There I got bad news. My hairdresser's work permit has not been renewed (she's been here for about 10 years and is being affected by the term limit). So in September I have to see someone else! She'll recommend which stylist but I am sad. She has been my hairdresser forever!!!!! I hope she comes back in 2 years....

Anyhow, afterwards I had to go shopping for lawn furniture since the table in our backyard died. I visited about 4 stores and the prices are crazy! When DH got out we went to look at the ones I liked. We agreed on one and we'll get it on Thursday when it is 15% off.

We also got a plastic folding table and two plastic folding Adirondack chairs for our waterside sanctuary. I also managed to get a great chimera to cook and such down there. And hopefully the hammock will come soon. The grass planting is going well - we were down there on Tuesday and Thursday and have pretty much been going down to water it daily. I also purchased 2 oleander plants and 10 hibiscus plants to put down there. I hope we can plant them tomorrow since it is supposed to rain!

Need to run - we're going to see Madagascar 2 and Quantum of Solace at Horseshoe Bay tonight. We're going to try out the Adirondack chairs...

No comments: