Last year I visited an acupuncturist for a few months. She was lovely and I felt so relaxed when i went to her for treatment. Then life got hectic, I missed an appointment and I didn't go back. Part of it was because I never called her after the missed appointment and I felt a bit ashamed to do so. I think the other reason was that I was in a funk about everything and procrastinated on a lot of stuff.
I decided that I wanted to do acupuncture again in the lead-up to the IVF cycle. I decided not to go back to the same person - instead, I wanted to go to someone who had some experience with treating people for IVF. I contacted a few people and one came back with what I wanted to hear. While I filled out a very thorough questionnaire - followed by another fertility questionnaire, I read 'The Infertility Cure' by Randine Lewis. The book made me more excited to meet with the acupuncturist because the questionnaires were asking the relevant questions.
Yesterday the visit consisted of going through the questionnaires, an examination of my tongue and pulse and acupunture on my back to see the reaction of the major organ groups. We had a wonderful discussion about Ms. Lewis' book and we were both sad that I hadn't found his practice earlier. In any case, we got started and I ended up falling asleep on the table (I love that)!
I unfortunately cannot go again until June 30th - he's booked solid! I'm waiting for a cancellation in order to get in earlier. I've also scheduled DH to go in on July 1. He doesn't really think much of acupuncture but even if he just takes the herbs, that'll be great. Granted, I know he'll do everything since we'd like to do whatever we can for a succesful cycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment