Date/Week: December 22; week 37 (C/S today!!!)
Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs
Milestones: We're Full-Term I am pretty psyched that we have managed to make it to 37 weeks, are at home for the procedure and will be meeting the sprog today! We had our pre-op on Monday so today we just have to check in at 11am and surgery is scheduled for the afternoon. I am more than a little nervous and excited.
Physical Progress: Sproglet has dropped a lot. During the non-stress test on Monday we had the same midwife from last week and she was amazed at how much lower he was - a good 3-4 inches from last Wednesday. It made walking over the last few days interesting.
Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; heartburn; nausea; fatigue; braxton-hicks contractions (about 15 minutes apart); back pain; tight skin
How do I feel about my body: I personally feel pretty good. I indulged in waxing on Saturday and a pedicure, massage and reiki on Sunday. It was great and I felt wonderful afterwards.
Food cravings/aversions: nothing this week - I am looking forward to cassava pie and other goodies though...
Sleep: I've been back to getting up every two hours. Surprisingly, I managed to get a relatively full night's sleep last night considering how nervous I was/am. I wonder how much sleep I'll get tonight...
Energy level: With my schedule cut back thanks to the holidays, it has been a good week for getting things done. I worked through to yesterday, Christmas shopping and wrapping s done and the house is ready for the season... nice!
Exercise: walking; stretching.
Baby Movement: He has been really active in the last week. He hates the sensors used for the non-stress test. He kept moving them. Still, it was fascinating to watch him move in relationship to his heart rate. His regular movements have continued to be somewhat uncomfortable as he moved down and stretched out. I have been paying a lot of attention to the movement though since it'll be over soon and I don't know if I will ever feel such sensations ever again.
Thoughts and Feelings? I've been pretty calm this week considering each day was getting us closer to today. I've had a few crazy moments but generally I've been ok. I didn't even have a panic attack during pre-op on Monday - or after pre-op! Last night I was a bit high strung. I am good at the moment and hope this continues through the day. IN any case, our lies change today and it is weird to realise that in everything we've been doing this morning.
What I am looking forward to: We're having a baby today!!!!!
4 comments:
Wow. You made it. Congratulations!!!
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear the story of how it all goes - good luck!!!
YAY! Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers today! Can't wait to see pictures.
Awww last belly pic:( But I cant wait to see Baby Pics!!!!
Post a Comment