Sunday was crazy. We went to church and then Aidan had to fix the water pump while I made goodies for Aidan's grandfather's open house. We thought we had some time to relax but I found out that my pedicure was actually scheduled 1.5 hours earlier than I had in my calendar. So I missed the open house... but the spa was great. It was the best (and cheapest) pedicure I've had. I then spent a few hours just relaxing - reading Hello magazine, eating finger sandwiches and drinking tea. I then had my mother-to-be massage with reiki and it was fabulous. You know what - it is the BEST way to prepare for delivery. I loved it!!!
Today was pre-op day. We went to the hospital at 8.30am and I started the morning with blood tests. I then went to a very busy maternity ward for a NST, followed by meetings with the anaestologist and the on call doctor. I also had to go and have an ECG since I have a heart murmur and then back to maternity to sign forms, etc. So after almost 3 hours, I was able to leave and got to see Aidan play at Fort Hamilton for last Skirling Ceremony of the Year. So now we wait... they won't tell me the time of the surgery until tomorrow evening! In the meantime, I need to drink lots of water and also have to take my asthma medicine in the interim. So we're on the downward slope... Looks like I will make full-term!
5 comments:
Wow its really happening...Doing all these pre test must be surreal
Oh I def need to do the spa thing before delivery...it sounds so wonderful:)
Only a few more hours!! thinking of you so so much!
So awesome! Thinking of you sending you smooth delivery vibes! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.
awesome!!!!
OOO! How relaxing!
Can't wait to hear how things went! Good luck!
Post a Comment