08 December 2010

Week 35

Date/Week: December 8; week 35 (2 weeks (14 days) to C/S)


Total weight gain/loss: +1.5 (total = 28.5)

Milestones: My doctor now refers to me as 'pre-term full-term' which is kinda nice. We had a lovely "Boring" appointment this morning and believe me, everyone in that room was relieved that we've made it this far. Next week is the mystical week 36 which will include pre-op. I need to find that gift certificate because I am so going to the spa on Dec 19th if I can to celebrate!!!

Physical Progress: Now that sproglet had moved down a bit, I can breathe easier. However, I do feel like I am sitting on the little guy and sometimes walking is quite comical. My belly seems to get bigger and bigger, which is good because I want sproglet to be at a good birth weight. Thankfully, I still haven't put on weight anywhere else (my face is a little fatter) so getting rid of the baby weight in the coming weeks should be pretty good!

Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; nose bleeds; heartburn; nausea; fatigue; braxton-hicks contractions; tight skin

How do I feel about my body: I now look at my belly and focus on what's inside vs how I look - particularly since there is often an extra lump protruding (sproglet's butt).

Food cravings/aversions: none this week - how odd!

Sleep: I need more naps. I feel pretty good weekends because I get to nap so the getting up every 2 hours doesn't make a difference. It's a different story during the week though.

Energy level: It varies. I have more during the weekend but I know that is related to the napping!

Exercise: walking; prenatal yoga, stretching.

Baby Movement: He loves Christmas music. He seems loves the more classic Christmas songs and classical but he does move to the more contemporary songs as well. He loves sticking his butt out - it was so funny when he did that at the OB's office today when the doctor was using the doppler on him. I wonder if he's going to be one of those kids who needs to touch you because now when we sleep, if Aidan has his hand on my stomach he moves under Aidan's hand and stays there. Yes, Aidan does make a game out of it sometimes and moves his hand around to make sproglet move more... my ribs often find this game quite irritating!

Thoughts and Feelings? I've been thinking a lot about last year's surgery that took place on Dec 9th. I was going through pre-op today and I have been thinking back to the nervousness of those appointments and then everything that happened on surgery day/night and through into Dec 10th when I was released and started my recovery at the hotel. I was calm on the outside and very nervous on the inside but Aidan was a star and had everything organized to the hilt, which made me feel even better. It's looking like it is going down a similar path and I am so grateful to have a doula to back-up Aidan.

What I am looking forward to: Working towards milestone #4 (Dec 15); decorating the Christmas tree; finishing up the nursery; finish packing the hospital bag; meeting with our doula on Dec 11; Panto on Dec 10; Two more holiday parties; Watching some Christmas Movies; Spa day on the Dec 19.





3 comments:

Cajun Cutie said...

just wanted to say thanks for the Christmas card ( my first one this year). I mailed your package last week.

Nick and Kristi said...

Love you in front of the tree:) and I swear you are looking so good like you havent really changed in a good way:)

Man two week count down so crazy and I hope you get to the spa how I wish I could join you

Rotten said...

CONGRATS on making it this far! So excited for you both.