My OB appointment resulted in me being sent over to the hospital today for a non-stress test (NST) since my blood pressure was elevated. Boy, that was close because they almost kept me in there. My blood pressure was still up but the midwife told my doctor that she thought it was anxiety related and that since I'm back in on Monday morning for my pre-admission NST that I should be allowed to go home. Thank God, he agreed!
Aidan is upset at himself because he got stuck in 3 meetings, missed the OB appointment and believes my anxiety was partially due to him not being there. In any case, he was there for the NST which was more critical since that took place at the hospital. He's finding a replacement to play next Monday for a lunchtime performance he's scheduled to do since my next NST is earlier that morning and who knows whether they'll let me out next time...
As for the soon-to-be sprog, he's doing well. Heartrate and movement are excellent. He's measuring as full-term so everyone is pretty happy about that. He hated the monitors though for the NST - spent most of his time moving them around...
I've booked my massage for Sunday! I think after today, I deserve it!
2 comments:
You must be so excited to have made it this far!!!
My little man hates his NST too..its like he tries to kick the monitors right off my belly:)
Post a Comment