15 December 2010

36 Weeks

Date/Week: December 15; week 36 (1 week (7 days) to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: +1.5 (30 lbs total)

Milestones: Week 36!!!!! We've made it to 9 months!!! I can't tell you how overjoyed we are at this milestone. As I sat in our kitchen eating breakfast, I couldn't help but be so grateful to be at home and not overseas in a hospital! Talk about an amazing Christmas present ... and the rest of the present arrives in 7 days!

Physical Progress: I am very self conscious about my belly at the moment as it has gotten bigger (and a bit lower) this week. So yes, I am waddling in earnest... which some poeople I know have been calling cute (yeah, right ). What is funny is that I wore some nice black maternity under the belly jeans and had to wear a belly band because they kept falling down - my hips and butt haven't shared in this growth phase...

Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; heartburn; nausea; fatigue; braxton-hicks contractions (about 25-30 minutes apart); tight skin

How do I feel about my body: I'm feeling good as we're on the home stretch. I will admit that I've been reading up on post-natal fitness and am looking forward to the mom and baby yoga classes in the new year (plus I will definitely do water aerobics again when I can)

Food cravings/aversions: strawberries and Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisps

Sleep: I thought getting up every two hours was bad... until it turned into getting up every hour. I definitely took the weekend to play catch up on lost rest...

Energy level: I've been better than I thought I would be. It must be adrenaline related to the Christmas season. Either that or the knowledge that we'll be meeting our sprog soon!

Exercise: walking; prenatal yoga, stretching.

Baby Movement: Am I bad for loving it when he sleeps??? He loves to move and as cute as it is to watch, I swear he's trying to get out via my right side. At night, Aidan gets him to settle down when he puts his hand on my stomach - I assume it's the warmth. I hope that is something that will continue when he is out. I will admit though that I will miss the movement somewhat - particularly the hiccups. Since I am not sure that I will ever experience this again, I've been trying to savor the moments - usually until it gets a bit too painful (thank goodness for sesame massage oil).

Thoughts and Feelings? I had a bit of a panic attack last night. As excited as I am for the most phenomenal Christmas present that I have ever received, it requires a hospital stay and needles. I had been trying to tell myself that I was concerned about not being home for Christmas. Well, that's the least of it - I know we'll celebrate Christmas whenever I get home. I am more concerned about getting in there and my blood pressure going up because I am freaked out and them not wanting to let me go anywhere until it goes down... that'll be an interesting wait. And yes, I don't want to be alone in the evening. Thinking about last year's surgery last week, Aidan was so integral to getting me through that night last Dec 9th into the morning of the 10th - and believe me, I was pretty high strung about getting out when the morning dawned. I am hoping and praying that next week will bring only a fraction of the anxiety I usually have since I'll be focused on the sprog... please let it be that way...

What I am looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery; Spa day on the Dec 19; Meeting our sprog next week.


3 comments:

Nick and Kristi said...

Wow your are really close to the finish line:)

Glad things are going so well and I wondered when I would start to waddle...I have been trying to walk with good posture but I have noticed I have really slowed down and bending down for shoes or to pick something up off the floor is really hard these day:)

I am so happy things are going so well for you and man up every hour thats killer but maybe you are being prepared for when baby gets up often but hopefully not every hour:)

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with my maternity pants. I've actually considered trying to find suspenders it's been so annoying. The Bella Band helps a little but I still spend a good portion of my time hiking up my pants.

Enjoy the rest of your week and your massage!

Jessica White said...

You are SOOOOO close! You look great!