Anyhow, I'd like to thank everyone for visiting and leaving such great comments. I've decided to post a bit more about the four furbabies since they're pretty interesting.
This is Matthias Barnabas. We adopted him and his sister (Loreley Ekatterina) from the SPCA in October 2006 when we got back from our honeymoon. Unfortunately, his sister passed away in May 2007 after being attacked by a ferel cat in the neighborhood. He is a small cat, loves to catch mice and rats and squeaks instead of meows. He sleeps usually with his head tucked under Aidan's chin.
This is Artemis Penelope. She's a crazed lunatic. We adopted her in June 2007, after the deaths of Loreley and our puppy Deaglan Balthazar (he was a tri colour calavalier king charles spaniel and unfortunately he had a liver ailment that took him from us) in May '07. We we're pretty shaken as Loreley and Deaglan passed within 6 days of each other and we were a bit nervous about adopting again. Artemis chose Aidan.... and then took over the house. She's still in charge... She is the largest out of the four and it's mostly fluff. She still likes visiting when we're on the computer - unfortunately, she blocks the screen now.
She has some dog-like tendencies. She scratches at the door to come in and she licks us (uuuggghhh). She also trains the dogs in cat-like behavior and cleans them before going to bed at night.
Bronwyn Anastacia came to us in October 2007 via British Airways. I think she's from Harlow in the UK. Her sister travelled with her and lives at the other end of the Island (we've seen her a few times since). Bronwyn is the sweetest dog I have ever met. She also snores louder than my husband! She's currently overweight and that's partially due to the winter weather (she refuses to go out or move if it is wet out) and partially due to the fact that she steals food. She is the reason we got a second cavalier - we thought they all would be as nice as her! She was a pro in dog training classes and was often used to calm other dogs down.
Ptolemy Xavier arrived via British Airways in March 2008. He's from Norwich in the UK. He was the runt of the litter but made up for his size with his amazing personality. He was immediately accepted by Matthias, Artemis & Bronwyn and has done everything in his power to fit in. He therefore purrs (a light, drawn out growl), cleans himself, pounces and jumps on high furniture. He's also pretty good at walking on his hind legs. We do not believe that he associates himself at all with dogs. At this point he is not fixed but we're really close to doing it because he is marking everything! He wakes us up every morning by climbing on our chests and purring - it's cute and irritating at the same time.









12 comments:
Such an adorable furfamily you have. All so pretty and cute!
I love all of them! So sweet.
They all look so sweet! So glad to see them!
What sweet furbabies you've got!
Love all your fur-babies! They are so adorable. Pets make the best editions.
Thanks for the comment on Busted! I'm following you now and looking forward to getting to know you. :-)
ICLW #117
Adorable!! They all look so cuddly!
What adorable furbabies! I have a snoring doggy too! I especially love it that they have such dignified first and middle names.
They are adorable!!
Love the furkids! So sweet!
Such adorable animals and I truly LOVE their names. We had a cat named Artemis once upon a time.
~ICLW #31
CONGRATS on making it through all 153 of us on ICLW. Your furbabies are adorable and I LOVE their names. Very unique.
ICLW #33
I love them so much!! My sister has a Cav King Charles and she's the funniest little thing. So sad that you lost two loves within just a few days, I can't imagine!
Thanks for sharing, they're so adorable.
Oh, and nice job on finishing all the blogs. I've only got about 30 left, so we know how I will be spending my Sunday afternoon!
Such cute pets! So sorry about the loss of your cat & dog in '07. We also lost a beloved rescue cat in '07--she was only 4 but turned up with congenital kidney failure and despite surgeries and pet intensive care, was gone within a week. She was the best cat ever :( We now have two cats, a dog, and a baby (all adopted!), and they are all such a joy.
Post a Comment