Total weight gain/loss:
Milestones: [B] We've made it to 30 weeks and I am not overseas, not on bed rest and sproglet is still inside of me!!! Believe me, there was a time at the beginning when I was afraid that I wouldn't see this week without it being associated with adversity. I am so grateful to have gotten this far, this mobile and this happy.
We also participated in a maternity photo shoot last Thursday and selected images last night. And we've booked (and paid for) the newborn photo shoot (8 weeks away!)
I had the oGTT last week and hope the results will be good. I'm also on iron supplements (3x per day) and it has been interesting getting used to them. And we put the crib together to see what it will look like. Now we need to sort out the rest of the room. Perhaps we'll do that during the Nov 11th holiday after the parade.
Physical Progress: I feel like my proportions are a bit better. Looking at the photo shoot proofs, I was stunned to see so much belly but in comparison to other pictures in the studio, everything works well together. No, my legs and arms are not as streamlined as they ordinarily are but they do not show excess weight either. My face is a bit more filled out though.
Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; occasional soreness in the pelvic area ; dry nose; stuffed up nose; heartburn; mild siatica; nausea; fatigue
How do I feel about my body: I am actively trying to savour the experience of having sproglet moving so much. I try to stop, particularly at work, and pay attention to what he is doing. Using the hiccups as a direction, I think I know where his head, butt and feet are located. Aidan also has been in awe over the movement, particularly in the morning before we get up. He is amazed at how much he moves.
Food cravings/aversions: pears, peaches and french toast
Sleep: Still getting up about every two hours to go to the loo (a blessing and a curse); thankfully it's getting cooler; dreams are getting vivid again; I'm up pretty much at 4.30am and can't get back to a restful sleep... I did a lot of napping over the weekend to try to catch up on some rest
Energy level: I'm slower and I am coming to terms with that. I know I need to slow down as it is if I want to get through the next 7 weeks. My goal is to work up until the end (we'll see if that is realistic over the next month or so...)
Exercise: prenatal yoga; highland dancing warm-ups and teaching; water aerobics; walking
Baby Movement: He loves to move to sounds so I think I may download an instrumental Christmas album for him to enjoy for the holiday season (Aidan also needs to put together a classical music ipod that will be used for him). I think he's going to be one of those children that is always moving - which is no surprise because both of us were like that too.
Thoughts and Feelings? I'm trying to work on the dissonance between being excited about sproglet almost being here and my fear of being in the hospital. While I know that it will be (i) a positive experience, (ii) a festive time and (iii) full of mental and physical support from family and friends, I am just trying to get over the things that I know that I do not like about hospitals. I just keep praying that all goes well and we're released at the lower end of the average time a person is in the hospital for a c-section.
On a positive note, I am very excited that the holiday season is starting. It will aid in my continued positive feelings, particularly when the music and lights kick in...
What I am looking forward to: baby shower on Nov 6; holiday events ; working towards milestone #3 (Nov 17) and #4 (Dec 15); spa afternoon on November 21; ordering our Christmas tree (have to do that by Nov 12)!!!
What am I reading / things I’m learning: Reading about c-sections, both from books and other's experiences. Need to therefore plan what will be in my downstairs "nest" to aid in my c-section recovery.
3 comments:
You are so active...yoga..swimming...etc...I so wish I could do half or even a quarter of that:) You will be so much more prepared physically for labor and I love your spa idea my fav treatment is a facial...I like that more than a massage:)
So happy to hear all is well...Take Care!!!!
Look at that beautiful body!
Congrats on hitting Week 30, too.
I love the crib with the bedding, it's adorable!
Congrats on 30 weeks!!!!
Post a Comment