08 November 2010

Baby Shower

Saturday was Baby Shower Day! While I was looking forward to it, I was also really nervous. I had no idea how I would handle a shower since I've never really been a shower type of girl - I even managed to avoid having a bridal shower! Added to my nervousness, I hadn't had much sleep thanks to my frequent loo trips. So when Aidan drove me over to his mom's house, I was hoping for the best.

Well, it was the best and then some. Emily, Aidan's mom and my mom put together a very comfortable and enjoyable tea party. The food was superb - finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, banana bread and a lovely red velvet cake made by Jeane. There was also punch and tea - and I made sure that I had a bit of everything - YUM! The food was amazing but the guests made me so happy. I was overjoyed to see family members and friends from all aspects of my life. I tried to catch up with as many people as possible. I couldn't stop smiling because it was great to have everyone around me.

Emily had a scrapbook that people were writing advice and best wishes. She put the pages in the book at the end and it is such a lovely keepsake. I also had a guestbook that they recorded the gifts to help me with the thank you cards. The gifts were lovely- granted, I will have to figure out what to do with some of them. I guess that's par of the learning curve of this whole journey. And then came the most amazing part of the afternoon - my Aunt had flown in from Georgia as a surprise!!! My mom didn't even know she was coming. I was so shocked and happy and just burst into happy tears. I can't even describe how wonderful it was to have her there!

I am just so grateful for such wonderful family and friends and to have everyone share in this event. I couldn't have planned a better event.







4 comments:

JJ said...

Looks like you had a wonderful shower!

Fran said...

Delighted you had a great day!!

Gurlee said...

What a lovely day! So happy you had such a meaningful time :) You and the little one are loved.

Photogrl said...

Looks like it was a great time!

What a wonderful surprise to have your aunt there!