Total weight gain/loss:
Milestones: We've reached 32 weeks!!!!!
You do not know how relieved we are to have made it to this date unscathed... I am grateful, excited and really aware that things can change in a moment! Anyhow, we got an email from the high-risk OB in Boston who had spoken to our OB here and she is excited that we've made it to this milestone as well. I have such an amazing team!As for other milestones, we've organized the furniture in the nursery, put most of the items away and started to set up the other areas of the house (bathroom, our bedroom and our den). I've written the thank you cards for the shower and have started to send them out. I've registered at the hospital so hopefully my next visit to the Maternity ward will be pre-op. And I got a flu shot so sproglet (soon to be sprog) will be protected during the flu season).
Physical Progress: My belly is still getting bigger which is good because that means that sproglet is gaining weight. My boobs also seem to be changing again - guess they're getting ready to be put to work.
Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; stuffed up nose; heartburn; mild siatica; nausea; fatigue; shortness of breath; some upper back pain; braxton-hicks contractions
How do I feel about my body: I had to wear a maternity evening gown last Saturday night and it took some psyching myself up before we headed out. While it was different, it looked ok and I was comfortable wearing it. The next Ball is on Nov 27th and I am trying to decide whether I will wear the gown again or a shorter dress. Other than that, I am finding my ever moving belly interesting!
Food cravings/aversions: I've been craving raspberries this week!
Sleep: I'm still up every two hours and at about 5.30am I am pretty much up. I so wish I could attain this mystical state of being rested but I am starting to doubt that it exists...
Energy level: I have accepted the fact that with decreased lung capacity that my energy level is going to be awful!
Exercise: walking; prenatal yoga; Aidan-assisted stretching
Baby Movement: I have gotten to know sproglet's feet a little too well this week. He likes to push them out my right side and I've taken to ribbing them back in. He also likes to kick my ribs, which is not pleasant at all (thankfully, Aidan has been having some sympathy pains). If sproglet is moving a lot and Aidan puts his hand on my stomach, he will calm down and often just move whatever is under Aidan's hand.
Thoughts and Feelings? We're keenly aware that as of Monday we're truly in countdown mode (not that we're not already counting down). As we sort out the 'stuff' part of the house, we often find ourselves wondering out loud what will we be using and what will he like. We're curious to see what is going to happen next, but nervous about that next step all the same. We spoke to our priest about the christening and god parents on Sunday and it was odd to be talking about an event that involves a person that we haven't met yet. The other side of this is that we do need to finish preparing for the arrival - the hospital bag, reading the LLL book, etc...
What I am looking forward to: Harry Potter for date night on Nov 19; working towards milestone #4 (Dec 15); spa afternoon on November 21; decorating for Christmas; finishing up the nursery; finalising my birth plan; finish packing th hospital bag; meeting with our doula on Dec 11; St. Andrew's Ball on Nov 27; Panto on Dec 10.
7 comments:
You look stunning in your gown!! And congrats on this other big milestone!!
Wow! You look stunning in that dress!
LOVE that dress on you--so beautiful! Getting close :)
yes, what they said! You look great! And congrats on reaching such a big milestone.
Congrats on the milestone and you look FABULOUS in that dress!!!
Yay for 32 weeks!
You look just beautiful in that dress...very elegant!
Wow you look amazing in that dress:) Like the movie stars at the golden globes......Glad everything is going so well so many happenings:))))
The nursery is cute!!!!
Post a Comment