21 November 2010

November ICLW: I'm Thankful

Happy ICLW Everyone!

I do not know how good I will be this ICLW getting around as I have some major projects due at work and no energy at the moment. In any case, I would like to recognise US Thanksgiving - a holiday that we do not celebrate here but having US relatives, I do indulge in Thanksgiving dinner after a full day's work - and share what I am thankful for.

1. My husband - my best friend and dare I say, my soulmate. I am grateful to have him in my life, to share the journey with him and to discover all that is amazing and odd in the world with him.

2. My amazing family and friends who I may not call on as often as I sometimes think that I should but when I do, they are there to share in the highs and lows and just pick up where we left off.

3. My country may not have been the place that I believed that I wanted to live growing up but I do love it now. I am so sad with all that is wrong with it and I honestly work to make a difference.

4. My love of learning in my work and ultimately in the pursuit of other degrees. I am happiest when learning and in the new year, hope to get back on track with school.

5. Sproglet- We've waited a long time and will meet him in 31 days. Some days I am afraid to meet him and on others the time cannot go fast enough. While we know our lives will change when he comes, we are actually looking forward to the insanity of this new phase of life.

6. My Journal and Blog Buddies - I sometimes believe that I wouldn't be nearly as sane if it wasn't for this community. In most cases, I have never met you in person but you have meant as much to my life as my IRL friends. Thank you for your words, support and being there for me through times of feast and famine!


And now a question for you... WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

3 comments:

Gurlee said...

Aww, so happy for you, do I say that every post? You are so close! I remember when you told us all back in what, May? I was so happy back then I think I cried for you! I love the thankful theme of this post. I am thankful for so many blessing in life and like you, I really appreciate my bloggy friends :) Thanks and have a fab holiday!

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

I love your list. I'm going to "borrow" the idea for my blog.

ICLW