Yes, I am in the phase that I have read about but did not know how those words would translate for me. I've been feeling rather uncomfortable, wishing to be in another body, truly paying attention to the number of days that we have left. Between the lack of lung capacity and the tight skin on my belly (even with lotion and oil), I find it difficult to just get on with things normally. And then there is trying to find a comfortable position to sleep and recently, sit!
I keep telling myself that I shouldn't complain - even in my head. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful to be experiencing any of this. I just had to record for my remembrance in the future how I am feeling since it is changing how I get through my days and weeks currently. As I rub little feet back into my belly when sproglet stretches and sometimes makes my skin hurt, I sometimes find myself smiling even as I gasp in the shock of the semi-painful feeling.
7 comments:
Here for ICLW! I hear you on feeling uncomfortable. I think no matter how long you struggled to get pregnant there are just some parts you aren't going to enjoy!
I know it was a long journey for you to get pregnant, but it does not mean that you are not allowed to complain. :) Pregnancy is hard and you are at that phase where you feel kind of like an alien in your own body and desperately want to know what it's like to see your feet again or find a comfortable position in bed or take a deep breath. It may seem hard to believe now since being this uncomfortable makes days seem like weeks, but you're almost there! Hang in there.
I have been having upper back pain for the last two weeks and Im only 27wks...so Im really scared how I will feel by the end....Im not one to be a baby but every night around 900pm it starts in and nothing seems to help...Tylenol...Heating pad...Stretching...or the Hubs rubbing my back:(
I am sure yours is a ton worse than mine since your further along...but I guess just think its a matter of weeks now:)
It's ok. I fantasize that I am going to sing through childbirth after all I am going through to have a child, but I'm pretty sure I will scream my way through. so it is ok for you to simultaneously appreciate and complain about the feet in your back!
I'm in that phase, too. I appreciate every moment, but reality is, sometimes it's freaking tough!!! Hang in there!
Not long my friend, and you know it'll be fantastic to have the little one in your arms then!
it's okay to complain sometimes, stretching skin HURTS!!
Post a Comment