I left work at 3.45 to make the 4pm appointment. Thankfully I had a book - we waited for about 45 minutes before we got in to see the doctor. There was good news and not so great news. The prolactin levels have decreased but they're still above normal so he's going to be put on parlodel after all and will have to do another round of blood tests and SA in March. The SA results were interesting. Count was down by 50% but motility was up to normal levels. So, even though count was down, the motile sperm was still way more than during the last SA. The urologist isn't sure whether the prolactin is affecting the count so in 3 months he'll look at the results of the SA and if necessary he'll prescribe clomid and parlodel and test again in June.
Needless to say, DH is happy (no brain tumor, motility is up) and irritated (another 3 to 6 months of trying things out). We'll talk to the RE next week but if the urologist is right, it might not make any sense doing anything until March or June. So we're back to square one unless the RE says otherwise. DH said he's just tired of waiting. I'm just irritated.
Showing posts with label prolactin. Show all posts
Showing posts with label prolactin. Show all posts
04 December 2008
12 August 2008
So Confused...
Our NJ-based RE called DH today. He was irritated that DH hadn't received his pardonel prescription yet - apparently he should have been taking it for a month by now. He sent a note to my OB/GYN to remind her to issue the prescription. He should have it by tomorrow. He'll then have to do a prolactin test mid-September to see if the levels have decreased. Basically, we should be all set once he starts taking the meds. He won't have to take the clomid as they both have the same result. Our RE was quite happy with my HSG result so it looks like the focus is on DH . I am so relieved. We may be able to do this without IVF after all! Fingers crossed that the pardonel will make a difference!. We'll talk to our RE next in September before we go to Italy. I hope we can get PG by year's end!
22 July 2008
Miscommunication
DH called the specialists office to see if the memo had been sent to his urologist. It hadn't been sent since the specialist wants DH to do another prolactin test, as well as a SA. No one had even called him! Anyway, he has to pick up his forms and stuff and should have both tests completed by next week. We'll see how long it takes before he receives treatment. Since the MRI is on the 23rd (tomorrow), it's just more waiting.
26 June 2008
After 8 months, we move into doctor's appointments
Well, today was the day of the big appointment. First we were in a bad mood. DH got the results back from the prolactin test and the levels were elevated so they want him to do an MRI. So we were thinking about that when we got to the office. After waiting for 45 minutes (and thinking) we met the doctor who was great. We discussed our histories and discussed options due to my medical conditions and DH's situation. It is looking like IVF is somewhere in the near future. I then had my examination and they found 3 fibroids in my uterus - 2 outside and one inside. One is the size of a softball (explains how I can still be in shape yet my waist size hasn't shrunk!). I was more than a little stunned and upset. Anyhow, I have to have a hysterosalpingogram and then we'll discuss surgery as the internal one may have caused the events of March. He also wants me to do day 3 blood work next week and for DH to start Parlodel even as he waits for the MRI. In any case, the doctor says that both situations are not a problem and he will get us pregnant! As you may imagine, I have a lot of reading to do tonight.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)