Showing posts with label clomid. Show all posts
Showing posts with label clomid. Show all posts

04 December 2008

Back to square one

I left work at 3.45 to make the 4pm appointment. Thankfully I had a book - we waited for about 45 minutes before we got in to see the doctor. There was good news and not so great news. The prolactin levels have decreased but they're still above normal so he's going to be put on parlodel after all and will have to do another round of blood tests and SA in March. The SA results were interesting. Count was down by 50% but motility was up to normal levels. So, even though count was down, the motile sperm was still way more than during the last SA. The urologist isn't sure whether the prolactin is affecting the count so in 3 months he'll look at the results of the SA and if necessary he'll prescribe clomid and parlodel and test again in June.

Needless to say, DH is happy (no brain tumor, motility is up) and irritated (another 3 to 6 months of trying things out). We'll talk to the RE next week but if the urologist is right, it might not make any sense doing anything until March or June. So we're back to square one unless the RE says otherwise. DH said he's just tired of waiting. I'm just irritated.

18 August 2008

Clomid it is...

DH started the clomid on Saturday. Thus far, no side affects. He wasn't supposed to drive during the first few days but I let him drive to church yesterday and to work today. So far, so good.

15 August 2008

Who knows...

Still no movement with the 2 doctors. I think DH is just going to start the Clomid and if the urologist changes him to the medicine the RE wants him to take, it will be because the clomid isn't working...

13 August 2008

Clomid vs. Parlodel

Agggrrrhhhh - this clomid vs. parlodel thing is driving us nuts. DH's urologist wants him to take the clomid and not the parlodel while the RE wants him on parlodel. DH just wants the two doctors to talk to each other and not through him. All of this is just delaying his treatment..

12 August 2008

So Confused...

Our NJ-based RE called DH today. He was irritated that DH hadn't received his pardonel prescription yet - apparently he should have been taking it for a month by now. He sent a note to my OB/GYN to remind her to issue the prescription. He should have it by tomorrow. He'll then have to do a prolactin test mid-September to see if the levels have decreased. Basically, we should be all set once he starts taking the meds. He won't have to take the clomid as they both have the same result. Our RE was quite happy with my HSG result so it looks like the focus is on DH . I am so relieved. We may be able to do this without IVF after all! Fingers crossed that the pardonel will make a difference!. We'll talk to our RE next in September before we go to Italy. I hope we can get PG by year's end!

MRI Results

DH got his MRI results and it was ok. His urologist wants to put him on clomid. We are now trying to get in touch with our RE in NJ because he had wanted to put DH on parlodel. We need to figure out if he needs one or the other or both.