26 June 2008

After 8 months, we move into doctor's appointments

Well, today was the day of the big appointment. First we were in a bad mood. DH got the results back from the prolactin test and the levels were elevated so they want him to do an MRI. So we were thinking about that when we got to the office. After waiting for 45 minutes (and thinking) we met the doctor who was great. We discussed our histories and discussed options due to my medical conditions and DH's situation. It is looking like IVF is somewhere in the near future. I then had my examination and they found 3 fibroids in my uterus - 2 outside and one inside. One is the size of a softball (explains how I can still be in shape yet my waist size hasn't shrunk!). I was more than a little stunned and upset. Anyhow, I have to have a hysterosalpingogram and then we'll discuss surgery as the internal one may have caused the events of March. He also wants me to do day 3 blood work next week and for DH to start Parlodel even as he waits for the MRI. In any case, the doctor says that both situations are not a problem and he will get us pregnant! As you may imagine, I have a lot of reading to do tonight.

No comments: