We told my mom what we're planning because she's the most level-headed person we know. She researches everything just like us and she knows how to be supportive. That's because she had a kidney transplant when I was 14 and had been foing through medical treatments for years. She is currently waiting for a kidney transplant (the other transplanted kidney lasted for 16 years which is great for a transplanted kidney) which makes it difficult for her to travel without scheduling dialysis treatment. With everything we're planning, she offered to look into dialysis treatment in the Czech Republic in order to be there for us. I never thought that words could be so calming....
I found a site for a company that organizes dialysis treatments at their clinics in the Czech Republic and Slovakia (I think they do other European countries as well). They have a coordinator who will deal with treatment, travel, hotels, etc (for people travelling around the country). I contacted them and they sent me the info for the clinics near Zlin and Olomouc and contacts for other clinics in both towns. Amazing customer service! I'm now waiting for pricing information but my mom is already thinking this will work well. She's thinking that she and my dad could come out for a week. Plus, they've never been to Prague and haven't been to Vienna since I was a baby. I don't know if I am more excited about her possibly bing there with me or her getting to have a proper vacation to a place she's never been before!
No comments:
Post a Comment