06 May 2009

One Step Closer to a Clinic Decision

We need to decide whether to go to the clinic in Olomouc or Zlin. Both clinics have been really responsive and I've been following various people's experiences at both clinics on the IVFConnections boards. I like Zlin because it is 30 minutes away from where a friend of mine lives, I can possibly stay at a spa hotel that includes many treatments in the price (accupuncture is a little more) and the hotels in the town are used to dealing with overseas visitors coming for treatment. I am leaning towards Olomouc though because the doctor is so thorough (he's even been talking to my nephrologist) and we can go out there early which would then let us cut down the trip in Aug/Sept by a week. It's a tough choice.

We heard back from Zlin and they have developed the following for us (all approximate dates):

BC from July 30th - Aug 17

Aug 20 - arrive in Zlin

Aug 21 - begin injections

Aug 24 - exam

Aug 29 - exam

Sept 2 - retrieval

Sep 6 - transfer

Sept 9 - 13 - return home at some point during this tineframe.

We'd have to provide updated STD tests as well.

We have one possible plan - now we need the other and we can then decide what to do!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Plans are always good--Im definitely a planner! Sounds like things are coming together=)